Any comments on gran tourismo 4?

damonrpayne

Gran Turismo 4 is incredible. The graphics are head and shoulders above every other racing game I have ever played. They are flat out gorgeous. A night and day improvement over gt3. There are over 50 tracks, and literally thousands of different cars.

The Rally racing is back many new tracks. Ice Racing has been added. The Rally racing is insanely difficult. You receive a five second penalty every time you bump the wall or the other car too hard, and the tracks are nothing short of insane.

Also included is the new B-spec mode, which basically puts you in the chair as crew chief. You simply manage the race, and the car races for you. You can speed the race time up to 3x actual speed. This is a needed feature since some of the endurance races will take 24hrs to complete in real time.

I have burned more hours in the last month on this game than any game I have ever owned. The game is simply incredible.

Sound output is in Prologic II I think, and yes, it does support Widescreen. If you have a relatively new PS2, they come equipped with a digital output to run the audio through your amp...

Trust me, you will not regret buying this game. I have lost track of the time I have wasted on this game since its release. I haven't spent this much time on a game since I was in college playing the original GT on my ps1. We've come a long way baby...10.gif

Also included, is the new photo gallery feature. Take any car you have won, dress it with new wheels if you like, and place it almost anywhere in the world. You then can take a picture. The camera works much like a manual SLR in that you adjust shutter speed, aperature, focal length etc.

After you take the ultimate shot, you can plug a USB compatible printer in, and print your photo. They turn out incredibly life like.

BUY THE GAME!!!9.gif9.gif

GranTourismo series are the reason I first purchased the PS and then the PS2.GranTourismo 4 is a masterpiece as far as console driving games go.A perfect 10!

Now with teh PS3 comming in a few months I can only imagine what the next Gran Tourismo will look like 6.gif

• 3 months later...

I was thinking of buying it. Are the graphics better than 3, and do they still have the cool rally racing in it?

Gran Turismo 4 has way better graphics than Grand Turismo 3. In my opinion I believe that GT4 has better graphics than Need For Speed Underground 2. Yes, you can even rally race in the snow.[:D]

I actually purchased a PS2 just so I could play GT3 and now GT4...it truly is a great game (the only two games i have for PS2...well, I don't own GT4 because i can rent it for free from work....so I guess I only have one game to go with my PS2).

If you've never played any of the previous GT series, then you might have some difficulty with GT4. It does get a bit confusing at first, which can be annoying at the beginning because you have so little money to work with. If you're looking for a good car to start out with, I would suggest the Pontiac GTO (new version). You can eventually upgrade it to about 1000hp and it handles rather well (don't forget to purchase the spoiler kit).

I think one of the coolest aspects to GT4 is the nitros booster, though I think they exagerate the effects just a bit (not to mention the wear and tear on the motor). They did tweak the over compensated draft effect in GT3 (the effects of drafting was so large that continuously ramming into the back of a car was faster than driving by yourself).

In regards to the time penalties....as long as you bump into stuff with the back of your car, you don't get the stupid 5 second 30mph penalty. I know it's cheap, but you can totally wall ride through corners if you do it carefully enough....just make sure your front corners never hit "hard" (same goes for hitting the computer cars). This is a great thing to keep in mind when doing the rally races, which I feel would be practically impossible otherwise.