*Help* Is my Denon AVR 3300 adequate to push my Heritage HT?

JBlake377

Front = Cornwalls

Center = Heresy

Back = Heresy

Subwoofer = SW 10

My room is 15 x 13. I live in a condo, so I won't be able to get volume to a great amount. Will the Denon 3300 do a good job of sound reproduction or should I look for something a lil bit better? I'm happy with it, but I just wanted to get ya'lls opinion on what I should do. I'm not against dropping a lil bit of cash. Thanks for any responses.

Blake

If your receiver has the surround modes that you want, it has enough features and power to get by. The first item that I would look to upgrade would be the subwoofer. Your current living arrangement may make it impossible to produce much bass, so take my recommendation as a grain of salt.

The proximity of your neighbors might make loud movies and music inappropriate. Hence, I would wait to upgrade the receiver until you can use the better gear to its full potential.

Bill

I used a Denon AVR-3300 as my first HT receiver, it powered the system well and only ran out of gas at extreme levels where the bass would fizzle out. I added a single amplifier, then another and I eventually went with a Denon AVR-4800 which improved the performance further. Eventually, I got rid of the receivers and went with a dedicated pre/pro. The Denon AVR-3300 is still working in my bedroom HT that is all Infinity based and it still works great!

I have had no problems with my 3300 in use with the KSP400/KSPC6/KSFS5 system. Well, except for figuring out what about 99% of the buttons do, but that's me, not the receiver...