problems with my wires

it seems that all the wires are ultra sensitive and that i always have to fiddle with them whenever they have been moved so that i could get the sound back. one wire especially i have put it it seems in a special s formation before i get any sound from the speaker. this is only for the wires that run fron the sub to the satelites. i was wondering if this is a common problem and if i can just replace the wires with new ones.

is it the connectino to the sats or like a short in the wire?

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want contact Amy. Email Amy or call Toll Free: 1-888-554-5665

Just do me a favor and run up my counter... I know that sounds sad but so is my site!

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

I beat DBvader to 600 posts!

I beat DBvader to 700 posts!

I beat DBvader to 800 posts!**

(does not matter anymore though)

• 3 weeks later...

you should probably make a trip over to radio shack and get a new set of solderless gold plated mini plugs. this is what MANY upon Many people have done to fix this problem. the problem is with the (aluminum?) mini plugs not carrying and transfering the power efectively, by putting on some gold plated mini plugs you improve the connection. also, upgrading teh wire helps with getting better overall sound (some say no, i say yes) i am sure if someone else read this post theywould say yes to teh plugs and a big no to teh wires, just preference, but a majority says the wires help. if you do go and get the wores, anything from 14-18 guage would be an improvement, you have 24guage now, the lower the better but 12 guage you have to thin out, kinda exsessive... (what i have LoL!!)

good luck

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free: 1-888-554-5665

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

I agree, you talk to any audiofile or a tech in sound management, the larger the wire, the less your amplifer will have to work, witch equals less heat.

Sounds like to me you have an OPEN in your speaker wire if you have to shape it like an "S" to get sound.

This message has been edited by clandeggen on 09-18-2001 at 07:32 PM