Anyone know how to fix cracked stained glass?

wheelman

should be an easy fix but you would never match the glass exactly, even finding the correct stock number it still never looks the same unless ordered at the same time. Here is a pic of a current project in the works. The large window mentioned above is three of these joined together.

post-14398-13819264339664_thumb.jpg

Mandi looking good. I used to have a friend who lived in a stained glass house. Well most of it was anywhere there was a window, and they were all over the place. The inside was wild it was like a house a hobbit would live in. Everything was wood and it was so small with angles everywhere.

I once got a lamp via eBay and it was cracked on a few panels (a whole other story in itself..really p'd me off when it arrived broken, with obvious dirt in the cracks so I knew it was not shipping damage...then the dirtbag seller gave me a negative feedback after I complained...not only about the damage, but the fact they did not ship even with cash in hand...makes me MAD!!!! The only negative I have, and not deserving of it..) so I used some sealant called Parbond to secure them from the back side. It is a bit flexible, and since you are a ways from the (hanging) lamp I decided not to worry about using a CA type adhesive. We have some other stained glass pieces too, and here is a link to an interesting piece on how our window panel was constructed. I sketched up some ideas and we settled on the one shown. She did a great job for us!

http://www.stainedglasshall.com/Client/Oldani/Client.html

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! You do not know how scary this is. We have one transom window in our kitchen that I thought would be cool to do as a seasonal window. So I did a window of a vegtable harvest for the fall and Poinsetteas (sp) for the winter. I was searching for ideas for the spring season and came upon the exact window you just posted and said "THAT'S IT" So I am currently working on a window of that same design. That is just too strange.

Angel did a great job, she was great to work with. I also have another piece she did with a rondel that has fused goldstones in it, pretty neat. I will have to post a photo of that. As to the window, I did it as a surprise for the wife. I told her to check out the website, lol....then put in the panel. I have not had time to sketch up a fall/winter panel but will be working to get something done before this fall hopefully. I take it you must do stained glass as a job or just a hobby? I kind of have some widely varied interests....audio/video, drag racing, road/mountain biking, and the artsy stuff goes back a long ways, as I had been accepted at the Kansas City Art Institute but then did not go...still wonder if I should have though...I am the service manager at a pretty busy RV dealership, and have a business of my own building race transmissions both locally and via a website.

I teach Math in High school and stain glass is one of my hobbies. The other being R/C Airplanes(I prefer the building to the flying). I find getting out in the garage and doing glass to be very relaxing. I have done a few projects for people but I explain up front, they will get it when they get it, I am cheap but it may take me a week or a year, depending on how much alone time I need. I almost stopped a job this year because every week the woman wanted to come look at my progress. I told her to go ask a local stain glass shop their prices and then told her to either leave me alone or take it to them to finish. She is now happy but it took three months, but she did not say a word after that day.