sub problems---Help!!

love_hertz

Hello my dad owns a pair of Klipsch RP-5s. Question being that when playing a music source through it the sub crackles only at one sub, the other doesn't. Does this mean a "blown" sub. My dad was messing with gains on speaker and thinks he may have done it. For those who dont know what the RP-5s are they are basically a rf-5 bookshelf and a powered 12" sub in a single cabinet, pretty awesome for the space-challenged living room. I took the sub out of cabinet and looked at it, should there be anything that I should be looking or smelling for? Please help, thanks! By the way the sub is #K-1087-K12.

so ones sounds fine the other crackles? seams like you have a bad voice coil. you can test it by pressing evenly on the dustcap STRAIGHT down(dont go too far though). does it scrap or does it go in and out silently? it could possibly be the sub amp(these are powerd right?) but i highly doubt it. let us know

scp53