DVD-A and SACD - low bass response

mtbiker731

Hello - I just got my Velodyne DD-12 last week to handle its duties with my RF-35 system. I ran the DD-12 EQ to match up with my other speakers. I started playing DVD-A and SACDs from my Pioneer Elite DV-45a and noticed that the bass level was really low from the Multi Ch Input mode on my RX-V1500. In DTS and Dolby modes from regular DVD material, the bass level is right where it needs to be. When I play DVD-A and SACDs, I need to raise the volume on the sub considerably (around 20 units) for it to sound right. My questions are:

1. Are my crossover settings/levels ignored on Multi Ch Input? I have all speakers set to small with the crossover set at 80.

2. Do I boost the sub levels on the DVD player, receiver, or sub itself? I don't want the signal to be processed more than needed.

I just want to be able to listen to different media without having to change a bunch of settings around all the time. I have all my levels set up how I want them, but it seems that switching into Multi Channel Input from Coax screws everything up.

Thanks!

Hi

If your going multi channel in to your reciever then yes in my experiance, its now your SACD player that is controling the LFE crossover and speaker delays. You player should have those features in your player which will allow to make the adjustments with in the player. My Denon is smart enough to only employ those features on SACDs.

----------------

On 4/28/2005 9:27:27 AM mtbiker731 wrote:

1. Are my crossover settings/levels ignored on Multi Ch Input? I have all speakers set to small with the crossover set at 80.

2. Do I boost the sub levels on the DVD player, receiver, or sub itself? I don't want the signal to be processed more than needed.

I just want to be able to listen to different media without having to change a bunch of settings around all the time. I have all my levels set up how I want them, but it seems that switching into Multi Channel Input from Coax screws everything up.

Thanks!

----------------

Question 1: Yes you need to set that in the player--Like Jacksonbart said, the DVD player is doing the decoding and sending it to your receivers amplifiers. When you set those settings in your dvd player--It has no effect on your DVD video playback through your optical cable. That processing is being done by the Yammi.

Question 2: I would set that on the DVD player for DVD-Audio/SACD. That should have no effect on DVD-Video's audio through the optical connection.