What did PWK REALLY say? Read it here!

codhead

I just came across this article written by the man himself.

It appeared in the first issue of High-Fidelity magazine. The entire article is here as a collection of .JPG files.

PWK gives his take on speaker design, bass reproduction, and amps & turntables. There are some real gems in here:

"At one gathering, a Chamber of Commerce dinner, nearly 1,000 guests were served dinner music at comfortable listening level with the Brook 10-watt amplifier; previous calibration of the gain control indicated that this was attained with 1.5 watts peak input to the speakers. An estimate of the size of the auditorium indicated it to be about 600,000 cubic feet, or about the size of a large aircraft hangar."

There is also some early Klipsch literature that's pretty interesting.

Enjoy! 1.gif

----------------

On 4/29/2005 9:35:58 PM heresy2guy wrote:

What a fantastic find! Those are great articles/advertisements!!! Thanks a million!!!

-H2G

----------------

I found the Shorthorn Model T to be pretty interesting. Never would have guessed that Klipsch made a horn-loaded TV stand!

Yeah - lol - I went to the website's main page and they had excerpts and cutsheets from a bunch of old audio manufacturers from the 40s, 50s, & 60s. I was surprised to see some of the others made TV speakers - those things look HUGE. I wanted to look at the old Dynaco stuff but there was no link to the name. Electrovoice had some interesting stuff, and it was funny to see their products that were "licensed" by Klipsch and Associates. It was all a very good and very entertaining read. Like I said before, "thanks!"

-H2G