Good rock SACD's

Piranha

----------------

On 5/3/2005 7:15:22 AM dougdrake wrote:

Nicholti - Where'd you find those titles? I look at various sources and seem to see only re-releases from older bands and jazz/classical.

----------------

A combination of places. Some I find on acousticsounds.com. Others, towerrecords.com. And some I physically have to buy at stores like Fry's Electronics, or Amoeba Music (only in San Francisco, Berkeley, and Hollywood).

• 3 months later...

i'm currently testing out the new Disturbed DVD-A disc on my setup

My setup will not sound nearly as good as many of yours will as it's only a stereo setup, I am only using plain RCA cables for the 6.1 outs on the Dv-45A into the VSX 815-K receiver. At this present moment, I am impressed even with cheap 4 dollar cables, once I get a bit more of a budget I will get some Monster Cable THX Series Stereo connectors.

----------------

On 8/3/2005 7:15:29 PM NickRoy wrote:

At this present moment, I am impressed even with cheap 4 dollar cables, once I get a bit more of a budget I will get some Monster Cable THX Series Stereo connectors.
----------------

Save your money on the Monster cables. Do a search here on the forum and you'll see why.

2.gif

----------------

On 8/3/2005 8:12:20 PM Big Ears wrote:

----------------

On 8/3/2005 7:15:29 PM NickRoy wrote:

At this present moment, I am impressed even with cheap 4 dollar cables, once I get a bit more of a budget I will get some Monster Cable THX Series Stereo connectors.
----------------

Save your money on the Monster cables. Do a search here on the forum and you'll see why.
2.gif

----------------

I appreciate your feedback and helping me save my money 9.gif.

As it seems the Disturbed DVD-A is only a 24bit/48.1 Khz DVD-A and not the 192 khz, so as far as I understand from reading up on DVD-A it's scarecly better then CDs.

Once i get a bit more money I'm either gonna pickup the Eagles When Hell freezes Over DVD-A or the Hotel California one, I hear it is unreal.

Does anyone know of any guaranteed proven 192khz DVD-A's, as far as my understanding on DVD-A goes... You just have to get lucky in choosing the album, because the album does not state whether its 48.1 Khz or 192 Khz correct?