FS: Denon 3801 $325 + Shipping

D-Rex

I have a Denon 3801 I am needing to sell. I have offered it here to a couple of individuals for $350 but have decided to offer a little better deal to the forum members. So, if either of you that were interested contact me I will give you first priority at $325 plus shipping. Otherwise, if anyone else happens to be interested contact me within the next couple of days before I take it on to EBAY.

Payment with money order, cashier's check or paypal (no CC unless buyer pays the additional 3%).

Thanks,

Dallas

He's asking for the 3% when someone uses Paypal with a credit card. There is no cost (or it's much less) if one uses a bank account as the source of funds in a Paypal transaction. Just trying to cover his costs.

lol...I am wide awake now. Yep, I often will ask for 3% or split it with a customer, especially on large $ items, more so since I sell stuff so cheaply to begin with! If you really want to have your eyes opened go to www.paypalsucks.com and take a look, unreal...but, I was burned on a deal for $800 and PayPal did NOTHING to help except lip service. The customer ended up making it right. PayPal customer service or merchant services is an oxymoron. My ordeal drug out for nearly 6 months.7.gif

----------------

On 5/9/2005 9:28:45 AM IAmtnbikr wrote:

lol...I am wide awake now. Yep, I often will ask for 3% or split it with a customer, especially on large $ items, more so since I sell stuff so cheaply to begin with! If you really want to have your eyes opened go to www.paypalsucks.com and take a look, unreal...but, I was burned on a deal for $800 and PayPal did NOTHING to help except lip service. The customer ended up making it right. PayPal customer service or merchant services is an oxymoron. My ordeal drug out for nearly 6 months.
7.gif

----------------

Yes, I didn't know about the additional 3% until I sold something myself and received a credit card payment. I am not sure how much the credit card companies charge paypal for the transaction but I highly doubt it is 3% of the total! I am seeing that paypal is highly compensated for their ease of use. I, fortuntely have not had to use their customer service features yet.

Regardless, that was my attempt to pick up the first 3% and then having the buyer pick up the other 3% if a credit card was used.

At this time it appears I am waiting on one more individual before I move on to EBAY.

Thanks for looking guys!

Dallas

• 4 weeks later...

Colterphoto1,

I still haven't received the payment you were sending. Since I need to get this sold I will have to assume you were not seriously wanting to buy my receiver.

If anyone else is interested let me know today since it will be going to EBAY tomorrow.

Thanks,

Dallas

----------------

On 5/31/2005 7:38:24 PM titanvestor wrote:

I am interested. Do you know how this unit compares to the ONKYO TX-SR701

----------------

I haven't ever compared the two units side by side or with Klipsch speakers. Maybe there is someone here that can provide that information. I can tell you that the Denon is a very good match for my reference speakers. I replaced this unit with a Denon 3802 simply because it was a local pick-up at a good price.

Let me know as soon as you can if you want to discuss further.

Thanks,

Dallas