Photos of new Sub-12....

IAmtnbikr

I'm not saying this is a bad sub, but at least check out the rw12 before buying this one. I know they can be had for at least the same price. I don't know the difference in sounnd in the 2, but i'm sure the rw12 is worth the "audition".

not to start an argument or anything, but according to the published specs this beats the RW12 in output at 30Hz. and based on the performance of, and the glowing reviews of the newly introduced synergy speakers, i wouldn't be surprised if this sub bests the RW12 in sound quality as well. this is a completely newly designed subwoofer. subwoofer design has matured quite a bit in the last couple of years and the subwoofer market has become quite competitive. i think klipsch took some notes. frankly, i was never really impressed with the RW12.

check out THIS recent thread about these new subs. there's even an engineer involved in their design that has posted there. i have a feeling this sub would surprise you.

uhm, I doubt a subwoofer in the Synergy line is going equal, let alone exceed, the performance of a Reference subwoofer. Checking the specs - RW-12 has a more powerful amp, bigger enclosure, 20% heavier, and a better reference series driver. Especially with subs, Size Does Matter!

Also, I didn't see the all important inspected/tested in Hope, Ark. sticker. Unless your budget forces you to consider only Synergy, it's certainly worth auditioning the next tier or two upwards.

Hmm...is the RW series made in Hope? I know the Reference series up through the R_-35 level is not....and IMO there are no quality issues with my RF-25/RC-25/RS-35/RB-25/RB-15 speakers throughout the house and shop. I also had the opportunity to buy an RW-12, but held out for the Sub-12, and am more than pleased I waited. In reality, the difference in RMS measurements and dynamic power is pretty small in the entire picture, and the SPL readings compared to the RW-12 tend to reinforce that fact plus it's efficient design. Not trying to start an argument here, but before dissing the new sub at least give a listen to one A-B-A tested against the RW-12....I think you may be surprised! And, if you look at the specs...the RW-12 has 21-120hz +/- 3db with <2% THD and 113db, while the Sub-12 is 24-120hz +/- 3db with 1% THD and 117db. Both have steep slope x-overs. IMO, those are pretty decent numbers for the new sub...

Guest Deon Bearden

----------------

On 5/6/2005 1:19:21 AM formica wrote:

----------------

On 5/3/2005 6:28:58 PM IAmtnbikr wrote:

Bottom....

----------------

Question... does it have a foam or rubber surround?

----------------

It's injection molded IIRC NBR (a type of rubber) durrometer of 60, roll thickness 1mm, and an integrated rubber pad ring..

----------------

On 5/6/2005 11:23:15 AM Deon Bearden wrote:

----------------

On 5/6/2005 1:19:21 AM formica wrote:

----------------

On 5/3/2005 6:28:58 PM IAmtnbikr wrote:

Bottom....

----------------

Question... does it have a foam or rubber surround?

----------------

It's injection molded IIRC NBR (a type of rubber) durrometer of 60, roll thickness 1mm, and an integrated rubber pad ring..

----------------

rofl, can you pick up chicks with that line?