Best In Wall Speaker-Klipsch or Polk?

jack08501

Hello,

I am new to in wall home theater, and I am setting one up in my basement as we speak. I am going to use in-wall speakers for all five channels and I have narrowed my search down to Klipsch and Polk.

System 1- Klipsch R-5800-W for front and center speakers, R-5650-W for the rear surrounds.

System 2- Polk TC265i for the front and center, TC65i for the rear surrounds.

One of my questions is if you think the Klipsch R-5800-W will work well as a center channel when flipped on its side. The advantage I see with the Polk is that the TC265i sets up on its side like a traditional center channel. Does this make a difference?

BTW- My room size is 19X18, I have a dedicated sub and a Denon Receiver.

Thanks!

Jack

Jack,

If memory serves me, the R 5800W is the same as the RB 5............ I heard this increadable speaker at the Klipsch gathering last year. I was totally blown away with its crisp, wide dispersed sound!...........email customer support at Klipsch. Ask for Trey Cannon or Steve Donalson to answer your questions. (or email them here on this Form!)............I don't believe you can go wrong! Good Luck and Post Pic when you get the job finished! regards Bill H.

http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=844

This probably does not help with your specific questions about model numbers. But in my last house where floor standers or bookshelf speakers were not an option I used Klipsch in walls (model escapes me and I don't live there any longer) and was very, very happy with them. I was surprised at how well they worked, all things considered. They were well made, installation was a snap and they were just about invisible.

Good Luck

----------------

On 5/3/2005 9:16:34 PM jack08501 wrote:

Hello,

I am new to in wall home theater, and I am setting one up in my basement as we speak. I am going to use in-wall speakers for all five channels and I have narrowed my search down to Klipsch and Polk.

System 1- Klipsch R-5800-W for front and center speakers, R-5650-W for the rear surrounds.

System 2- Polk TC265i for the front and center, TC65i for the rear surrounds.

One of my questions is if you think the Klipsch R-5800-W will work well as a center channel when flipped on its side. The advantage I see with the Polk is that the TC265i sets up on its side like a traditional center channel. Does this make a difference?

BTW- My room size is 19X18, I have a dedicated sub and a Denon Receiver.

Thanks!

Jack

----------------

welcome to the forum Jack!!!

and you ask your question on the klipsch forum and you expect what kind of answer???

2.gif

i have heard the klipsch inwalls and i think they are very good for inwall speakers....

polk has never impressed me with their sound... in ANY of their speakers...

IMHO...

1.gif

Gotta agree with minn that the answers are likely to be skewed. Like minn I have never heard Polks that I was impressed with, but I have heard Polks that I was satisfied with. On the other hand, my Klipsch stuff just impresses the heck out of me time and again. Naturally, then, I'm going to lean toward the Klipsch speakers.

I don't think the orientation makes a difference for the Polk, but it might change the dispersal pattern for the Klipsch. Just for curiosity's sake, why do you need/want to flip an in-wall sideways? I'm of the opinion that the center-channel-on-it's-side it a form factor born of compromise, and that if it is at all possible to have three identical speakers up frontyou should. IMO you should retain the normal orientation of the center unless there are spatial constraints.