Upgrading RF-3's to RF-7's what can I expect?

----------------

On 5/11/2005 10:36:08 PM DeanG wrote:

"If this upgrade improves the quality, why hasn't klipsch changed their design to incorporate this into their speakers."

Audible Nector pretty much nailed it. Engineering is usually at the mercy of the marketing department. So yeah, total cost and price points come into play here. Even if this is not the case, consider that engineers typically live and die by the numbers, and most I have talked with believe that things that measure the same, sound the same. My contention is that all that can be heard or perceived, cannot yet be measured.

Average Joe isn't looking for, or concerned with the level of performance that a relatively small proportion of others are. There is no point in catering to a minority lunatic fringe.
:)

Patent? On what? There's not an original thought in my head!

Incidently, the parts Klipsch uses are fine, and there's nothing "wrong" with them -- they just don't sound as good as some other parts.
----------------

Actually Dean I think you need to add the "bean counters" to the "marketing department" marketers want every bell and whistle to talk about to help sell the product good or bad then they want it at the cheapest selling price to boot.

Craig

If you guys can solder you can do the mods yourself all ya gotta do is replace to tweeter caps with some auricaps and the woofer caps to solen, change out the resistors to some Mills and your finished. Not very difficult. I did the Xovers in my RF-3's and the differance was subtle but there. But if you dont feel confident with a soldering iron, send the xovers to DEAn so you dont ruin your speakers.