NAD S 200

kohill

If that's the power amp as opposed to the integrated version, be aware that it has balanced inputs. As far as sound goes, it has a good reputation. On my list of things I wanted to try, but never got around to it.

----------------

On 5/8/2005 3:33:14 PM kohill wrote:

Does anyone have one of these? There are a few on Audiogon. How would it compare to the Rotel RB 1080? Thanks
----------------

Hey there,

Haven't personally used the S200, but I have used the S300 Dual Monoaural Integrated Amp with my KHorns, and it was just magnificent. I have also used the C270 Power Amp with the relevant pre, and though slightly underpowered, makes a phenomenal job of creating crystal clear highs and mids.

Keep in mind, though, that the Silver Line amps, the ones that start with the 'S' in the model number are truly great amps, beastly in size, weight, and performance.

Can't help you with the price though. I do remember getting the brand new C270 / pre combo for under a grand, US$. I know the silver line is significantly more expensive though, as they are all made in the UK.

-Fauzi

Oops, sorry... didn't answer part of your question.

About the Rotel 1080, though I've used it, I can't really compare cause I haven't done a direct A/B comparision. However, in my mind, I feel that the Silver Line of Nad components will really blow the Rotels out of the water.

Plus, I like the looks better too. The brushed metal faceplate with the blue lights are quite sexy.

-F9.gif