Finnaly pulled trigger on R-35 5.1 package

mightyhonda

I finally did it Saturday. Replaced the Sony HTIB speaker with the Klipsch 35 line.

Front - RF-35

Center - RC-35

Surrounds - RS-35

Sub - RW-12

My first impression was what real speakers look like compared to the small Sony ones they replaced. That observation went ten fold for the sound. I didin't realize there was such a hole in the Sony setup between the sub and the sats. After running DVE we threw in the fifth element. Even if the mains and center were set to small there was midrange present in the Klipsch. They sounded full. I had considered what to get for surrounds. After some thought i stuck with the RS-35's. I am happy I did this. they sounded great. the only part of the package i had concerns about was the sub. So far i am really impressed by the RW-12. Maybe this is being use to a 6 inch Sony sub, but I really like it.

My first complete movie test was National Treasure. Sounded amazing. I was blown away how much better the experiance was. It movie has a huge mix of "raspy" voices and gun shots and explosions. The raspy voices are things that always sounded bad on the Sony system. The Klipsch system sounded great.

So far so good, plenty more testing to do, including music. I will say that I am a happy Klipsch owner.

mightyhonda

----------------

On 5/9/2005 8:00:20 AM mightyhonda wrote:

I finally did it Saturday. Replaced the Sony HTIB speaker with the Klipsch 35 line.

Front - RF-35

Center - RC-35

Surrounds - RS-35

Sub - RW-12

My first impression was what real speakers look like compared to the small Sony ones they replaced. That observation went ten fold for the sound. I didin't realize there was such a hole in the Sony setup between the sub and the sats. After running DVE we threw in the fifth element. Even if the mains and center were set to small there was midrange present in the Klipsch. They sounded full. I had considered what to get for surrounds. After some thought i stuck with the RS-35's. I am happy I did this. they sounded great. the only part of the package i had concerns about was the sub. So far i am really impressed by the RW-12. Maybe this is being use to a 6 inch Sony sub, but I really like it.

My first complete movie test was National Treasure. Sounded amazing. I was blown away how much better the experiance was. It movie has a huge mix of "raspy" voices and gun shots and explosions. The raspy voices are things that always sounded bad on the Sony system. The Klipsch system sounded great.

So far so good, plenty more testing to do, including music. I will say that I am a happy Klipsch owner.

mightyhonda

----------------

I felt the same way as I began replacing my old pioneer system with Klipsch speakers. I couldn't believe the night and day differences! I couldn't believe how I had mistreated my ears for so many years! I have been very pleased with my Klipsch purchases and so has my wife! (and that is saying something!)

I too was impressed when I had the RW-12. I bought it off the web for $400 so, for the price, I was very impressed!

D