Any Mr. Show fans?

synthfreek

I am completely obsessed with this long gone but way ahead of its time show. It was on HBO from 95 or so 'til maybe '98. This was the sketch show with David Cross and Bob Odenkirk. You guys may know Cross from Arrested Development. I have watched all 4 box sets MANY MANY times and never tire of it. If you like edgy, Kids In The Hall with curse words kinda humor you'll like this. Any favorite sketches? Mine are "It's Insane, This Guy's Taint", "Titannica" & "Wyckyd Sceptre". This may top The Simpsons, The Office(original BBC) and Twilight Zone as my favorite tv series ever.

I have seen the Mr Show DVDs and though about buying some. I think David Cross is hysterical. I watched Just Shoot Me once and a while and when he shows up as Elliots brother, who was pretending to be slow because he was lazy, cracked me up. I will have to buy one now.

----------------

On 5/9/2005 5:32:41 PM synthfreek wrote:

Are you talkin' about the Megaphone Madness sketch? That's some funny stuff! We can't forget Ronnie Dobbs either. The ultimate mullet-wearin' redneck.

----------------

Yeah that was awesoem both shows. Ronnie Dobbs shows up in a couple of episodes doesn't he? Ronnie Dobbs is freakin hilarious. How about the one where the guy wants to start his own country in America. That was pretty insane. I am just going off memory of the hbo show's that I haven't seen in years. That's great their on dvd. By the way Kid's in the Hall is awesome too. Girly drink drunk was great. This guy never had a drink in his life then his boss offers him a drink and the guy picks a girly mixed drink with the umbrella. Next thing you know he's in the office with a blender mixing up fruit juice and whiskey behind peoples backs. In the end the Boss has to let him go for being a girly drink drunk. That was insane. By the way does anyone remember "The State" that aired on Mtv for not to long at all? That was great early 90's I am thinking.