Subwoofer magnetic field affect Pacemakers?

JJkizak

The instructions for my pacemaker/ICD (zapper) say to stay away from strong magnetic fields too. Of course, being brave or a fool, I regularly play with my speakers. The caveat on magnetic fields is that they can shut down the device while in the magnetic field.

Normal distances from speakers or subs does not seem to alter the pacing function of my St Jude device. I once took the driver out of my SW-15 with it's huge magnet. I won't do that again.) But, going to the sub to adjust the levels or make connections does not seem to have any effect. Nor does changing or carrying mid/HF drivers.

If one has bracycardia, he should be able to tell if the sub is affecting his pacing by a change in his rate when close to the sub. If there is a slowing, he should move away quickly and let things will return to normal. If his rate stays stable, there is enough distance to mitigate the field.

(The above are my personal observations only not meant as medical advice. Use caution.)

Rick