RF 10 System

Smokem

I listened to an RF-10 system at my dealer. Of course if sounded good, but for the slight money difference I went with the 35 system. I listened to the RF-10 set up, the RB 35 set up and the Rf-7 setup.

and of course the RF-7 blew me away, but I looked at it from a money prospect I thought the 35 was the best value for the dollar for me.

I thought there was a bigger gap between the 10 and 35 than there was in the 35 and 7.

find a local dealer and ask them to set up a 10 system and a 35 and I think you will see what I am talking about.

Shane, I think you made a wise choice. The weak link in a 10-based system is really the center, the RC-10, and frankly, it sounds strained under the most-demanding HT duties. Recently, I reconfigured my secondary Klipsch system (HT only) and decided to try RB-10s as mains. I also run a RF-7 for my center in that system, and a nice SVS sub and the system now works nicely with RB-10s in front. For movies, if you do not want to go all 35s, a nice compromise would be to use a larger center (RC-35, RC-7) since the center handles 85% or so of the HT duties - go with RB-10s around and use a decent, quality sub. However, if you plan on also using the system for music, then I would give some serious consideration to at least an all 35 system.

Carl.

My brother in Florida has a chance to buy the RF-10 system for $1,000 with a Yamaha HTR5750 Receiver. The system is less than 1 year old. I told that Any Klipsch system is better than no Klipsch. It sounds like a good deal for a complete system.