JBL

kuisis

I picked up a JBL powered sub today at a yard sale for ten bucks. JSW 1000 I think. I have a 233 scott integrated tube and ind. lascalas. Shoudl I hook this up to my system or resell it. I have no Idea how to hook it up.

It had a phase switch with 180 or 0 and a crossover frequency. I never had a sub so I don't know anything about them. What do you guys think??

Thanks

Tom

I just upgraded from a JBL PSW1000. That sub has 10' driver and a 100w amp.

I had it patched using a cable from my amp's sub-out connection, with a splitter to feed both L&R connections on the sub.

I don't have any 1st hand experience with the LaScala's, but I'm thinking it's not in their league. However, it may be better than no sub. I plan to use my old sub with a second system, non-HT.

An owners manual can be found at: http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/HOM/Owner%27s%20Manual/PSW1000%20om.pdf

Get a copy of the manual, configure it and see how it sounds! Can't go too wrong for the price.

Looks like it was a fairly entry level sub in it's day. Sold for $200.00 to $300.00 new about 10 years ago. I doubt your Klipsches would benefit much from it. I would either resell it or put it in a garage system with a couple of bookshelves, but that's just me.

----------------

On 5/13/2005 12:50:40 PM mrock wrote:

I don't have any 1st hand experience with the LaScala's, but I'm thinking it's not in their league. However, it may be better than no sub.

----------------

Both very true.

LaScala's are very capable speakers within the frequency range they do reproduce, and are capable of much more output (both quality and quantity) than the JBL will be capable of.

OTOH, the LaScala really roll off early (60Hz?) and i feel they require a subwoofer... This will give you a taste, of what is possible...

Let us know what you think of it, once you get it up and running...

Rob