Pi speakers

notneB

Have not posted in a while, but was interested if anybody knows anything about these horns. I'm originally from Tulsa but never heard of them. Anybody from Tulsa? www.pispeakers.com .j Thermionics (sp?) look like something from klipsch.

• Like 1

Wayne Parham has been around for quite awhile. He has always had the idea that if the parts are very good, the speakers will sound good.

He will email plans to you so you can build your own. He also sells kits and finished systems. There are also quite a lot of folks who love his stuff.

looks like they make quite a few different models for all sorts or budgets,needs,etc. Does anyone on this forum own some pi speakers? look like really good speakers for the money. not sure if their as good as klipsch heritage though12.gif

scp53

I heard a couple of sets of Pis at the first MAF in Lima. A couple of fellas brought models that used Eminence 15s in vented boxes and Eminence compression drivers and horns.

The speakers sounded very good and everybody that I talked to at the show thought they sounded good. But given the DIY nature of many at the show I think the excellence of the Pis excited more interest in Eminence drivers than in completed Pi speakers.

The attachment show one of the sets of DIY Pis at the MAF in the Diycable room. THe small speaker on the stand is an Adire HE-10, an excellent speaker using a coaxial Emeinence driver.

post-6913-13819264909468_thumb.jpg

I know some of them are DIY, but some of them looked like the speakers that were the "next generation" klipsch horns. I know I've seen a picture of them on the forum somewhere. I'm not gonna build them but might buy a pair for fronts/mains to go with la scalas.

Thanks,

Benton

• Like 1