Cinema's with RW-12

UraniusOne

I have all this woderful equipment, but my reciever can't talk to my Ultra 5.1's....

So being loyal to Klipsch (I talked to Paul W when I was in college), I am thinking of purchasing the Cinema series. (RX5's RCX4's)

But, there are some reviews which suggest that the RW-10 lacks some depth...so I'm thinking an RW-12.

Would I want to do this?

----------------

On 5/15/2005 3:05:09 PM UraniusOne wrote:

So being loyal to Klipsch (I talked to Paul W when I was in college), I am thinking of purchasing the Cinema series. (RX5's RCX4's)

But, there are some reviews which suggest that the RW-10 lacks some depth...so I'm thinking an RW-12.

Would I want to do this?

----------------

Tell us what your budget is, as well as your space requirements. The Cinema series speakers sound great for being satellites, but even the smaller Reference bookshelves eat them for lunch. Funny enough,the price of a pair of RSX-5s is almost the same as the price of a pair of RB-25s. I've done a head-to-head comparison between them, and the RBs really let the RSXs know who's boss.

So instead of going for RSX/RCX all around you may want to consider RB/RC-25s as LCR, and RB-15s as surrounds.

Also, with regards to the subwoofer, I've never been a fan of the RW-series subs (RSW subs are another beast altogether). If I were you, and I had a limited budget, I'd spend as much on the speakers as possible, and look for a used sub in good condition on audiogon. Look for SVS tubes or HSU VTF-2 or VTF-3, depending on the budget. I've seen very decent subs there (and bought one last year) for under $300.

If you can't bring yourself to buy a used sub, consider the entry-level SVS box, the PB-10ISD, or an HSU VTF-2, or an Outlaw LFM-1. Also, the new Klipsch Synergy subs seem to be fairly popular.

P.S. As for your final question - we're all here, so yes, you should do it :)

Depending of your room size, as mentioned by Meuge you may want to consider the reference bookshelfs instead. They are the better bang for the buck.

However, in response to Meuge comment regarding the RW subs. I own a RW12 and I think it's an excellent sub, specially for music.(I have no intention of bringing down my house)9.gif. As a matter of fact, I believe the RW12 is a beast, I mean the thing is huge.

Ah yes, space. We are talking about a room where just about anything Klipsch makes would be overkill.

Quality of sound is important, but I don't have the space for the other separates. I bypassed the Synergy series to get better quality.

Price is relative. If the RW12 is well matchs to the 5's then I'm willing to cosider this configuration.

----------------

On 5/17/2005 12:05:32 PM UraniusOne wrote:

Ah yes, space. We are talking about a room where just about anything Klipsch makes would be overkill.

----------------

I dunno - I have a pair of RF-3IIs in a 10x16 room, where they take a large portion of the floorspace : )

To me RB's on stands take up as much space as RF's. The Cinema series on stands don't take up nearly as much space. I have a small family room (11x14)with alot of furniture. I have (see below)it's 95% for movies and tv. It works great for me. When I upgrade it will be to either the Cinema 10 or RVX or SLX series.

JMO!