Want to rebuild my crossover

maiz

Hi, I'd like to redo the capacitors in my cornwalls. These are '84s with the type B-3 crossover. For now I'd like to just replace the capacitors and nothing else. I would like some recommendations for capacitors that will improve the sound without breaking the bank. Solens? Gracias mucho.

I used Kimber Caps from Partsexpress in my Fortes and Academy. They made a worthwhile improvement for a modest investment. Specifically the Fortes are less harsh - I modded the Academy soon after I bought it so I can't really say what the change was there.

Dave H

----------------

On 5/20/2005 7:15:08 PM maiz wrote:

Hi, I'd like to redo the capacitors in my cornwalls. These are '84s with the type B-3 crossover. For now I'd like to just replace the capacitors and nothing else. I would like some recommendations for capacitors that will improve the sound without breaking the bank. Solens? Gracias mucho.

----------------

Replacing the caps with good polypropylene caps is a good idea. You have a pretty "busy" looking crossover with the B-3. If you try to replace the inductors, you will run into space problems with most replacement type inductors. I think the originals are fine anyway.

Bob

OK, it sounds like I'll just get some same rated Caps and change them out. I notice I can only get a 68uf Solen for the big one, does it pay to use a higher quality bypass cap to get me up to the required rating? Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.