Anyone ever owned a Scott 370B Tuner? Impressions?

126mhz

I understand it's not a flagship 310E but how good a tuner are these thought to be. FM Tuner information page doesn't talk about the 370B.

Information or your personal impressions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Bill Woodward

Bill,

If your not looking for a Tuner that will yank in weak stations from a distance all the Scotts work pretty darn good. I've been using a LT112B which is a early Scott SS design that works really well and sounds very good of course my tuner tech stuffed it full of Black Gates and I installed some really good coupling caps in the crucial places. If you are in the market for a nice Scott tube tuner I have a really nice LT110B that is freshened up and aligned works great 1 year warranty to boot $275 shipped(alignment and work alone would be around $200). I just scored a 5 ganged IF Fisher that I'm going to go hog wild on so I'm going to sell my Scott tube unit. I really wanted to get a 310E but I bid $650 on the last one and was beat out and its just getting to be more money then I'm willing to spend to listen to the darn radio.

Craig

I can get you close, but not drop you off at your door.2.gif I have the Scott 333B (tubes) from about 1964. It's a good unit, good sound. I've never had an outdoor antenna attached, only rabbit ears to pick up the college radio stations here. I had it professionally realigned and measured. The AM section doesn't work well since one of IF transformers has a shorted cap inside that only can be fixed by an identical unit. Some day I will replace all the jacks on the rear apron since they have some corrosion and can only be cleaned so much.

----------------

On 5/22/2005 12:47:08 AM NOSValves wrote:

Bill,

If your not looking for a Tuner that will yank in weak stations from a distance all the Scotts work pretty darn good. I've been using a LT112B which is a early Scott SS design that works really well and sounds very good of course my tuner tech stuffed it full of Black Gates and I installed some really good coupling caps in the crucial places. If you are in the market for a nice Scott tube tuner I have a really nice LT110B that is freshened up and aligned works great 1 year warranty to boot $275 shipped(alignment and work alone would be around $200). I just scored a 5 ganged IF Fisher that I'm going to go hog wild on so I'm going to sell my Scott tube unit. I really wanted to get a 310E but I bid $650 on the last one and was beat out and its just getting to be more money then I'm willing to spend to listen to the darn radio.

Craig

----------------

Hi Craig:

I appreciate the advice, I may give you a call Monday or Tuesday to talk about the tuner as well as my Mac C11 pre thats needs it's forty four year service.

Thanks again,

Bill Woodward