Whining noise with the NAD's!!!!!

33klfan

Does anyone have an answer to the problem I am having with my NAD T753? In surround mode the receiver puts out an annoying hissing sound that is pretty noticeable when a dvd is paused or any source is played at low volumes. Has anyone experienced this and what did you do to take care of it. This problem seems to be completely secret on what the problem is. I swear NAD thinks it's normal, and if it is they're trying to hide something. I've had two T743's and now this T753 and they all do it. Maybe someone could input to what this is. Is there any NAD owner's that have heard this with their receivers. Heck, even audioquest knew about this problem, and said i should get it serviced. I had 3 new receivers i don't think they need service, nothing would get fixed. The last time i posted this, noone replied, maybe someone could input something this time if they know, unless nobody knows, which seems to be the problem. Thanks.

• 4 months later...

By the way this noise only comes through the surrounds. It is pretty noticeable under situations like i mentioned above. It would be cool to troubleshoot this, but i am really clueless on what to do. I have tried a bunch of different things without opening the receiver, which i think voids the warranty, correct?

By the way this noise only comes through the

surrounds. It is pretty noticeable under situations like i mentioned

above. It would be cool to troubleshoot this, but i am really clueless

on what to do. I have tried a bunch of different things without opening

the receiver, which i think voids the warranty, correct?

Yes I read from other forums about this NAD hiss problem. Read this one for an insight.

The technical guy then suggested the old capacitor had probably failed and taken out a bridge rectifier diode next to it. I replaced that.

No hum. The receiver sounds good as new.

This is what i found out that may solve the problem but how could this be with my new receiver. It's only like almost 4 months old and it did it right away. Hummmmm. I don't really know.

I guarantee most likely that it will not get fixed if i send it to get serviced. This is the third new one i got. It seems highly unlikely that they would do anything. I actually talked to an NAD rep on the phone, and he listened to this receiver with some efficient speakers, and he heard the noise i am hearing. He completely acted like it was normal. The dealer i bought it from thinks they are like the best sounding components they ever heard in the price range. They think this noise is impossible, yet they didn't want to come to my house to hear it, heck i was only like an hour away. I'm sure if i bought it from the stereo shoppe they would have came to my house to figure it out. I will never buy from WeeBee in Lancaster again, even though they were helpful, they wanted nothing to do with it after a while. I swear they thought i was making it up, they were like this can't be because they never experienced this problem before, but there's a first for everything i always say. The stereo shoppe that i should have bought my receiver stopped selling NAD a few years ago after like 20 years of selling NAD because of too many problems in the last few years he held them.