Ultra THX Pricing

S2KDDS

Thank you Bongo4. It took me 1 full year to complete the project and I am quite happy with the results.

My back ordered Centre KL-650THX is in so I will be picking it up monday or tuesday.

NOw my only big dilema is how too get the ultra2 sub and amp. I have exhausted all funds with the rest of the speakers. The only way I might be able to pull it off is if I down grade my Monster HTS5100 power centre to a basic Panamax DBS-sat wall mount unit with basic filtering. My dealer would give me full money back for my monster centre and that would buy me the ultra2 sub amp. I would then try to sell my B&W ASW1000 sub for about 500-600 and come up with the difference for the ultra2 sub.

Do you guys think it is worth giving up my HTS5100 power centre? AM I going to notice a difference in picture and sound without it?

Now my only big dilema is how too get the ultra2 sub and amp.

beg, steal, borrow, sell, finagle...LOL Yes, it is worth it!!

Look, you already have great equipment... Save your money, even if it is a few months ...if you have too..till X mas...whenever. It is fantastic to match your system with this Sub system too and worth the wait.

Nice setup Psylocke,

Don't want to critisize but don't you get awful glare off of your wite ceiling with the light off of the projector screeen?

I picked up Sanus 30" audiophile speaker stands at a store closing sale, Ultimate Electronics store yesterday. They look like stands in your pictures. They were 60% off of 150 = $60 per pair. I am going to try them with my RB 75's.

Many of the Ultimates are going out of bus in the Midwest.

Good luck

Gib

Hey Psylocke,

Save, eBay, sell the dog kids, car whatever. J/K. We have the complete Klipsch THX Ultra2 7.1 config. Bought our full set-up on April 8, 2005. They sure take up helluva lot of room BUT worth every penny IMO. Perfect match all around. You can find pics of our goodies on our website for your reference. Stacked in a huge wall fashion awaiting installation sometime this late 2005. Hopefully sooner.

"gibby214"

The flat white ceiling accually does not cause any reflection problems at all. I can acually watch a movie with one of the table lamps on and the colors do not wash out (very minutly). The granite color walls help alot with the reflections and darkining of the room. When the lights are off I can barley make out my speakers at the front.

I would have loved to do a black ceiling but I was given 2 choices by my wife on colors. If I wanted a black ceiling she would only agree if I had a light pastely color on the wall. If I did white I could do the granite color. I think I chose the right selection.

Well my Ultra2 are complete except for the sub and back surrounds. I placed the horns on the inside instead of outside like before and the front sound stage is 20 times better than when I had them on the outside. Now with the centre in place and the surrounds in place the sound is truly out of this world and none directional. It is killing me that I am going to have to wait on the subs for a little while, but my B&W is not having a hard time keeping up too much.

The back surrounds unfortunatly will not be changed to ultra2's because they have too be inwalls as shown in my pictures. With the couch against the wall it is the only way too get proper 7.1 imaging without it sounding weird. If I put another set of KS-525's on the back wall they would shoot over your head and not sound like they were behind your head. Also my wife already thinks we have too many speakers in the room that are visible that if I put another visible ste on the wall she would kill me. With the inwalls, once I painted the grills they disapear into the wall. The only thing with the back surrounds is wether too place the horns on the top or the bottom? Currently they are place on the top. It sounds pretty good but I was curious if it was worht turning them upside down to have the horns closer too my head?

Anybody have suggestions?

1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif2.gif