What do you all think of the Bic Acoustech speakers?

shooter67

Yeah, I posted about them last year and caused enough of a stir to get the thread deleted.

You can probably find a similar thread I started in the archives of forum.ecoustics.com

They are cheap imitations and all advertisings point to a single review made by someone who had never reviewed speakers before and had never heard horn-loaded speakers before, if you can believe that. The reviewer actually preferred the sound of the knock-offs, and prefered their smaller size and weight!

I saw specs on the BIC H-100 sub and got one some time ago to replace the KSW-12 I had and hated from day one, for the $240 total with shipping it was a steal. Got a second one, then sold it and got the new Sub-12 which I love. Will keep the BIC for the downstairs 2-channel system probably though. Specs and amp very similar to the Hsu STF-1, and it was designed for BIC by Dr. Hsu himself. Not real sure about the other BIC speakers though, and they are for sure an attempt at a Klipsch knockoff of the Reference line, but the copper speakers are not aluminum, just normal IMG I believe. Kind of a Synergy speaker in Reference clothing, lol.

Yeah, their sub might be the only nice thing about the package.

For the rest, considering the price it's probably an okay system for a low budget for someone who doesn't care much. But that's not what Klipsch is all about.