The Marantz SR8400 heard or have one?

iwillwalk

I have the Marantz sr8200. You may want to try doing a search for sr8200 in the forums as well. I don't know off the top of my head how the sr8400 differs, but I bet it's just a little more power, or some other slight upgrades.

The SR8200 is built very well, and I think it sounds great. I have been nothing but happy with it. Seems to me to have a very smooth sound, which sounds really good to me with Klipsch speakers. I'm busy so I'm not going to go into further details, but if you have any specific questions send me a PM. Oh yeah, and the remote I got with the SR8200 rocks, touch screen, huge, best remote I've ever used.

Ive never used any Denon receivers, so I can't compare.

-M

Hi:

I just replaced a Denon AVR-5700 with the Marantz SR-8400. Some may call me crazy, but I like the Marantz better overall. Much more dynamic for HT. I like the Denon for 5 channel stereo better, but I have the Marantz almost tweaked to sound the same now. I am only using 5.1, but there was just no comparison when watching a DVD.

Even though it was a pain, I did compare the 2 in my house, but hooking and unhooking all those wire is not something you want to do every day!

For the price, I am very happy!

Jobman

( I might be convinced to try the Denon 3805 though - it seems awful good for the price too)

I paid 460 from ubid. They have had two or three auctions in the last few months with the winning bids ranging from the 450's to low 500's. Comes with full warrantry. Keep your eyes open; would'nt be suprised to see more pop up. Marantz= quality.