heresy serial question

diyJohn

I was lucky enough to buy a pair of heresy speakers over the weekend. The labels are blank except for the signature of the tester (sun bleached?) but there are numbers stamped into the rear edge of the top wood, 59S387 and 59S390. What do I have? Any comments on driver types and possible improvements are welcome. These appear to be walnut veneer. Tops are pretty scarred up and one appears lighter than the other (again, maybe sun effects?). There were no grills provided. I haven't fully checked them out yet.

More questions than answers... Thanks for the help.

John

Congrats on your Klipsch Heritage purchase! Your speakers were made in 1978- a very good year. Here is the link to the chart that explains the date codes.

http://home.earthlink.net/~ivol/klipsch_cornwall/klipsch_date_codes.htm

Welcome to the Forum, you'll find tons of good advice on modifing and enjoying your Klipsch speakers here. Also you will discover a compulsive desire to continually update your system! Welcome to the madness.

Michael

Welcome to the forum!

Fear not. Klipsch Heritage speakers never die - and we can help keep them from fading away! You have connected with a great wealth of information via this forum. If you find any problems with them we will be able to help you get it straightened out.

Get them hooked up and let us know how they sound.

----------------

On 5/30/2005 11:19:53 AM Budman wrote:

Hi John, welcome to the forum. i can hook you up with a set of grills for your heresys. i have a set in black and a set in the new cane colored grills. e-mail me if you need a set.
----------------

Russ, what is the price on your black Heresy grills?

Thanks to all for the welcome and enthusiasm. So if I describe these as 1978 heresy, folks will know what that is? What is the significance of the 59 in the serial number? Also there was stamped into the wood, DKD on one speaker and DKL on another. Anyone know what that means?

I am looking forward to getting them set up in a proper system, but I will have to move a few things around. I have heard that they are SET friendly. Any idea of efficiency?

Thanks for the help.

John

When you say Heresys everyone important, read that everyone here, will know exactly what you are referring to. 2.gif Your Heresys have a sensitivity ratting of 96dB @1watt/1meter. All of the Heritage line, of which Heresy is a member, love set amps. (Along with most of the rest of the Klipsch line!)

I'm not sure about the other stuff in the SN.

----------------

On 5/30/2005 4:40:31 PM diyJohn wrote:

Thanks to all for the welcome and enthusiasm. So if I describe these as 1978 heresy, folks will know what that is? What is the significance of the 59 in the serial number? Also there was stamped into the wood, DKD on one speaker and DKL on another. Anyone know what that means?

I am looking forward to getting them set up in a proper system, but I will have to move a few things around. I have heard that they are SET friendly. Any idea of efficiency?

Thanks for the help.

John

----------------

DKD and DKL are the first initials of the 3 people that built your speakers. if i am wrong someone will correct me