Michael Jackson and our Inauthentic Concern

dragonfyr

Capable? ...And you source of infallible information sufficient to place another in jail is?

Personally I am not impressed by the very strange 'man-boy' and I would not allow any children in my charge to hang around with him. That is simply my impression - an opinion that may ultimately be flawed! So I would attempt to influence those within my sphere of influence, but I would NOT advocate putting him in jail based upon my fundamental ignorance of all things factual!

And ironically, he has not had access to any kids WITHOUT the express knowledge and permission of the parents or guardians!

No one here has had access to the full evidence, and except for our emotional opinions based too often on other's erroneous speculation based upon innuendo and half-truths or simply complete nonsense, none of us are qualified to pass judgement on another!

That is unless you want the courts run by Entertainment Tonight! Maybe they should have spared the expense of a trial and simply conducted a TV pole based on people's interpretation of the various tabloids ala American Idol!

Unfortunately our concern is not 'authentic' (re: Schopenauer's or Heidegger's definition) - it is merely voyuerism.

• Moderators

Um, I believe this topic has been closed.

I will say one thing--I did not say if I thought he was guilty or innocent--it's not for us to decide--just that it will affect the lives of children in his life. Period.

It already has.

----------------

On 6/3/2005 3:34:13 PM dragonfyr wrote:

And ironically, he has not had access to any kids WITHOUT the express knowledge and permission of the parents or guardians!

----------------

Just because the parents lack common sense, and or good judgment does not make his behavior in any way shape or form acceptable.

It seems to me as though there are some really unscrupulous people accusing a pretty weird guy of doing some very nasty stuff. I would not hesitate to lock him up if i had been sitting on the jury and the evidence aginst him made me think he was guilty! Screw MJ, and OJ and for that matter any celib that thinks because they have money they deserve to live above the law.

Dragon...

You misunderstood my previous points/posts perhaps because of bad communication by me. I agree with you 100%. Under no possible chance would I say send the man to prison based on what meager scraps of knowledge I have. However, I'm not on the jury so my opinion has no affect on him being sent to prison. The fact that I think he is guilty of something means nothing to that jury. Again, hes not going to be incarcerated due to my opinion. On the flip side however, are you going to tell me that you have never had an opinion on something without having ALL the facts? CMon, I find that hard to believe.

The entire reason behind the post was for simple banter with my forum colleagues regarding the outcome of the case. If off topic simple banter is something you are unable to take part in without trying to insult someones intelligence, perhaps you should stay out of the General section of the forum.

And ben... Don't sit there and act like you have never had useless conversations with people. I don't buy it and I doubt many people would.

I would not call it inauthentic concern. I have legit concern. There was a time when I respected the man and his music. Calling myself a fan would be a bit of a stretch however. I simply find the entire thing to be a sad story of one human beings life.

Now, if you guys care to continue trying to show just how intellectualy superior to people you guys are because you don't like my opinions on other subjects, go a head. I will seek out every opportunity I have and play the same game. I prefer to take the high road however and show a bit of maturity and disagree with respect. Maybe I'm the one intellectualy superior afterall.

And save the rest of us from self-righteous folks who feel they know more based on reading tabloids then those on the jury who are presented witht the actual legally admissable evidence.

And no one is justifying criminal activity!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just the ignorance of those who only presume to know the facts! One wonders why the jurors are sequestered and required to endure the hassle of actually attending the trial, when they can simply ask any of the folks here or what Entertainment Tonight and learnt the real truth!

But just the assumption of so many who claim to already know the truth is rather interesting, and scary! And ironically, I suspect those same individuals would be the fiorst to state that they support the principles of the Constitution & the Bill of Rights, which unbeknownst to them are diametrically opposed to the actions embodied by those who calim to know!

I guess there are quite a few who feel that the rule of law is just simply a major inconvenience, as the rule of law, and the mechanism that it entails, is ALL that I am advocating!