Demo party in Knoxville anyone?

Coytee

Anyone want to have a demo party in Knoxville, TN?

I live out on a lake in the middle of 250 acres so there are NO neighbors to contend with other than Father in law & Uncle in law. Uncle in law is 50% deaf so he wont mind the noise

Ive got a pair of AK3 Khorns (unsure of year). Im probably going to get Als extreme slope crossovers (hope in month or so) when Mr. Budget & I are on speaking terms. I would not accuse the room of having ANY treatments done though. I have a Peach preamp that is currently NOT being used and just waiting for a mate. I have a Jolida 502B (stock) that IS being used. I also have some Academys (can hook up for stereo)

Ive got a hankering to hear some nice 2A3s, SE-OTL, bigger OTL, 300B, McIntosh mated to my Peach or your pre if you bring it (and almost any other tubes to try to figure out what I want to target for myself). Id also like to hear any/some tube CD players, specifically the Jolida or Shanling, which are about all Ive heard about. Ive got a Sony DVD/CD player and I want to swap it out too.

I figure if there are others near enough by, perhaps you can hear the extreme sloped Khorns, Academys, Peach, Jolida amp and bring what you might have.

If we do it on a Saturday or Sunday, we can also fire up the grill and Ill either supply the BBQ chicken or perhaps if we get some REAL special equipment, Ill get some ribs from Montgomery Inn in Cincinnati (www.montgomeryinn.com) The ribs are probably a TERRIBLE idea with messy hands & electronics but ya only live once. Well appoint a person to be the designated clean hands and they can swap equipment out. Oh, and in the off chance there are takers, my wife nor myself drink alcohol so I wont know what to get. Ill have you to bring your own if you wish and I have a WONDERFUL fridge in the garage that will take things to a near freezing point.

Strike an interest in anyone?

Coytee you have a PM with phone no.

I would love to hear some ALK extrem slope crossovers.

I have a Cary 2A3 Push/Pull AMP and a (CARY)AES SE-1 Single Ended 2A3 AMP also and a CARY SLP98L PreAmp coming soon.

So maybe if you do have a get together I might could bring them for people to listen to.

mike1.gif