Help with IW100 (transformer or whatever is opposite the crossover)

johnny24c

Could someone please tell me what the thing on the opposite side of the woofer from the crossover on the back of the IW100 wall speakers is and how to wire it . or why it's not already wired in. I know it works without ,But I'm just stumped.

There is a pos and neg coming off one end that looks like it would go to the terminals but the other side has several post . ??????????????

• 2 weeks later...

johnny24c:

We never offered an IW100 with a transformer. It's possible that what you are describing is one...maybe added on later if you got it used. Call Trey Cannon @1-800-KLIPSCH or e-mail him at trey.cannon@klipsch.com with your number and best time to call. He should be able to figure it out with a little more description.

PhilH

johnny24c,

I'm sure Trey could help, but it sounds like you have a 70volt transformer on your speaker. This is used in many commercial settings to adjust levels of different speakers. The different taps would be to adjust the levels. This makes it easier for a commercial installer to calculate the load on the amp. Who want to figure out how to add ten 8 ohm speakers on to a system? Works a lot like the transformer on the LaScala, used to adjust the squawker level. They wouldn't be used in normal systems.

Marvel

This message has been edited by Marvel on 09-22-2001 at 09:35 AM