Just got my dealer to carry Klipsch!!

IndyKlipschFan

Way cool, I had the owner over to my house a few weeks ago and we talked about my passion for Klipsch, and why I think they are so great. We listened and I let him hear about everything I had around the house. He had all the typical misconceptions of the "Horn" Klipsch sound, of course, but was blown away by the sound at my house. Demo rooms at trade shows are horrible places to make choices sometimes.

Well he called me today on some questions on some other products also going into my Home Theater he said, "I will be an authorized Klipsch dealer soon." I said, "YES!!!!" (He is primarily a HT store but will also carry some regular Klipsch Speakers too.)

I will let him make the "official announcement" or I will make it when the time to do it happens. So see, each one of us can make a difference to let others enjoy our hobby and incredible love of this company too. Congrats to Klipsch, your getting a great HT company to sell your products too.. Congrats to my friend, he will have a incredible company in Klipsch to work with to install incredible speakers too! A WIN WIN!!!!!!!!

The following is my opinion may not mean "jack you know what..." LOL

Ovation Audio Video is a terrific Home stereo seller of Klipsch Products.

They have had a lot of space and $$$$ to develop a HT department to work with contractors and commercial installs, but the "synergy" was never good between the inside staff of audio and the HT commercial people. (Again my opinion...may not have been 100% true. But the wall between them and the friction was always appearant too.) In late 2004/ 2005 they bought Tri Phase, a well respected name in HT installation here in Indy. There is a handfull of really great dealers in Indy that do a pretty good job, but I do not get the "feeling" that any one of them is really THE dominate player either.

I do not want to give my friends name up or his business just yet.. He is a HT/ General Commercial products dealer that has grown a LOT in the last few years.

Will he sell more stereo speakers than Ovation..? No

Probbaly not carry the full line at all.

Will he sell pro media .. No. Best Buy/ circuit city has that MKT too.

Can he make a dent and be a very successful home installer of Klipsch products in homes? Yes, he can. He will, to his knowledge, be able to order Klipsch somehow on a limited basis as they work out the deals for regular stereo speakers too.

I just think a win win here!

Good going Roger, a little competition is always a good thing. I, too have felt the rift at Ovation between the sales staff and architectural group. I've spent thousands of dollars there, but try to go in and get a little advice on wiring a home and they won't talk to you. The HT bunch wants the multi-tens-o-thousands-o-dollars install jobs or they wont give you the time of day. And the sales staff is knowledgeable but that only goes so far.

Looking forward to the big announcement. How did they help you with your HT design? Were you able to talk to anyone at Ovation about your HT setup?

Michael

Good going Roger, a little competition is always a good thing. I, too have felt the rift at Ovation between the sales staff and architectural group. I've spent thousands of dollars there, but try to go in and get a little advice on wiring a home and they won't talk to you. The HT bunch wants the multi-tens-o-thousands-o-dollars install jobs or they wont give you the time of day. And the sales staff is knowledgeable but that only goes so far.

Looking forward to the big announcement. How did they help you with your HT design? Were you able to talk to anyone at Ovation about your HT setup?

Michael

Ovation is a great audio store... Period.

With Tri Phase they have a chance at being a great HT /commercial install store too.

Read this next Paragraph very carefully, I am sure it is true!!!!

The Indy Castleton store has the whole THX system up in a beautiful done Home Theater. It is simply amazing, trust me... But.... I bet one in a hundred people (I am serious here) have never seen it, or heard it, or know it is what, 100 feet away in the next building?

I learned most of my own design ideas from people off of here, the Klispch BB, other BB's, magazines, and my own general knowledge too. Robert Harley's books and the "Dummies" books also helped. Pickey, Q man, Moon, even asking questions to Trey Cannon and Steve Phillips at Klipsch and many others too have been great inspirations.

Ovation did want to do what I am doing downstairs. They wanted too much money approaching 100K to do my downstairs.. Again, I think this is what turns people off... Incredible $$ in consultation/design fees, equipment based on their inventory, and add to the fact I already know I wanted La Scalas as my speakers and that fact wasn't going to change. (so Ovation felt left out of the equipment purchase(s) too.) I did buy the Klipsch Subs and amp from Ovation so they still like me I guess... LOL.