Some pics of my custom center

Yesfan70

Hey all,

I thought I would post a link to some pics of my custom center. I have glued and painted part of the enclosure and used the parts from one of my KG4.5s, so the pics I have now are more or less "dry fit" pics to see what it is going to look like. Here's the link:

http://community.webshots.com/album/367101249xeZTfd

I know it might not look as good as some of you seasoned woodworkers' speakers out there, but doesn't look too bad for a first timer. All that's left to do is veneer the top, bottom and side panels. I used Rustoleum's textured black spray paint for the front panel and a Krylon's semi-flat black for the back panels. Looks pretty good.

I have emailed GL Veneers for some pricing info on their oak veneer, but no replies so far. If any of you all have any ideas on what kind to get and/or if you know a better source, I'm all ears. I have thought about Minwax for the finish. Watco has been recommended, but I haven't seen anything from my local HD. I'm going to try Lowe's within the next couple of weeks to see if they carry it.

I'll have more pics later.

Thanks for the comments. No particlar reason on why I went with a vertical style. I have read where there are lobing issues with drivers in a horizontal lay out, as compared to the typical vertical oriented array in a bookshelf and tower.

I did try my KV-2 standing on it's end compared to the how it's supposed to be setup up and could tell a little bit of difference, not too much though.

Thanks for the link colterphoto. I'll check them out.