Speaking of graduation.....What's that black box on the field?

cyclonecj

Since I am also the sound tech for the school, they asked me to setup the sound for graduation. Gee... I bet you can't guess what I used......

gradls.jpg

Yes... That is an industrial La Scala from the chorus room. I put 2 on the field facing the bleachers. The sound was so clear, I had many of the returning parents make positive comments. I guess during the last few years, they could not understand the names as they were called.

We also had the choir sing, & the chorus director said it was the best sound system he has ever heard at a graduation.

I might also add that I only had the 280wpc amp turned up less than 1/2 way, & it still could be easily heard over the crowd noise.

WARNING: you post pictures of industrial la scalas at your peril----haven't you heard that colterphoto and indyklipschfan are planning roadtrips all summer long so that they can corner the market on these????

JMHO, but you had better hide 'em quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!2.gif2.gif

what school is that again?

actually I have a line on a pair of those LSI's with fibreglass/aluminum trim that have been offered on ebay twice but are still unsold. They are in Ohio and he wants $1100 for them. They have wheels on them, I suspect they have been used for DJ use.

If anyone wants information on them, please email me. I am not connected with the seller other than he has offered them directly to me. Already haveing stacks with double woofers, I'm not interested in any more.

Nice to know they will fill a football stadium though ! Thanks for posting the pix.

Michael

$1100 seems high. I bought a mint pair for the school for $650, & the ones in the pic for $530 in SF, but one needed a woofer. The SF pair are not very clean, but look fine up in the gym hidden in the hole in the wall.