Matching KLF-10s

Zaf

I have some KLF-10s and am now puting togther a Home theater Surround setup. 2 Questions:

1. What are recommended Sub Woofer and rear speakers?

2. Is there a suitable center speaker that is smaller than the KLF-C7 that works well? It is a little too big for my space.

Thank you

Zaf,just to give you some kind of an answer I would say the SVS subs seem to be mighty popular right now although you may want to wait and see what the new Klipsch subs have to offer.For a matching center you could try a KV-3.Should match well with your KLF-10's.

Don't know about the timbre match but one of the clearest Klipsch centers I have heard is the Synergy KSF-C5.I prefer it for center use over the KLF-C7,because of the clarity of the speaker,and it has good bass also.A KV-2 would also work as a center match

if you drive it with decent power.They are reasonable pricewise on E-Bay.

What receiver are you going to use? Good luck!

Keith

Oh yeah,I believe the recommended surrounds are the RS-3's?.

------------------

KSP-300 FL/R

KSP-C6 CENTER

SW8II C/SUB

KSP-S6 SURR

KSP300 SB

SW12II

SONY KP53XBR35 RP

DENON 3801

DENON DVD3300 DVD-AUDIO

SONY MDP455 LDP

ACURUS 125X5

ACURUS 100X3

MONDIAL M.A.G.I.C. BOX

PANAMAX MAX 1000

PANAMAX COAXMAX (2)

AQ SLATE

AQ COPPERHEAD

AQ SIDEWINDER

AQ VSD

TRIBUTARIES S-VIDEO

MONSTER INT.400MKIII

This message has been edited by talktoKeith on 09-08-2001 at 11:37 AM

Thanks for the answer, I appreciate it. I'll start investigating your recs.

The receiver is a Harman Kardon AVR 210, 40 WPC, this will drive the center and rear for sure.

I also have a old McIntosh 2100 105 WPC RMS (but I think it has a very high peak output...those beer can sized capacitors are there for a reason) that will drive either the left/right fronts or just the Sub. I'll have to experiment with this.

What about the KSC-C1? Is that a poor choice in terms of the match the KLF-10s? I see these going inexpensively.

Thanks.

Zef,

Don't use the KSC-c1. The C7 is the only one recommended. TTKs suggestions are based on the similarities (I believe) between the KG 5.5 and KLF10. Since the C7 works well with the 5.5, it seems reasonable to believe that those centers which work with the 5.5s may work with the KLF10.

Your best options (IMO) are KV3, KG2.2v or 2.5v, and C7. I wouldn't use the KV2.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

RWMIN, I know the Synergy series sound similar to the Legends,lets say as compared to the Reference series, but wondering if you have ever tried the KSF-C5 center

with Legends (since you mentioned the surrounds)?Wondering how close the timbre match might be.I have one and I believe it is one of the best center speakers I've heard.Just haven't taken the time to assemble my KG5.5's and the C-5 for a test run.

Keith

------------------

KSP-300 FL/R

KSP-C6 CENTER

SW8II C/SUB

KSP-S6 SURR

KSP300 SB

SW12II

SONY KP53XBR35 RP

DENON 3801

DENON DVD3300 DVD-AUDIO

SONY MDP455 LDP

ACURUS 125X5

ACURUS 100X3

MONDIAL M.A.G.I.C. BOX

PANAMAX MAX 1000

PANAMAX COAXMAX (2)

AQ SLATE

AQ COPPERHEAD

AQ SIDEWINDER

AQ VSD

TRIBUTARIES S-VIDEO

MONSTER INT.400MKIII

I have heard it and I do like it(KSF C5). The surrounds even won some Hi-Fi award or something once. I don't think they (KSF S5's) are a perfect match for the Legends but they are close. And like you said, They are very clear. I haven't gotton to listen to the C7 vs. the C5 but I think the KLF C7 is absolutely terrific. I Love the C7, it might be the best vocal speaker I have. The C5 may be as good but I have only got to hear it once long ago and again it was good.