Getting Close

wstrickland1

I've kept my eye open and have success finding Legends to hook up with my KLF 30s. So now I've got the 30s and a C-7 across the front and a pair of 20s on the side. Now I have to choose between RS-7s and RB-35s for the back surrounds(because that is all I have and am out of money). I am running everything with a B & K Ref 50/Ref 200.7 set up. Looking for opinions.

if you're going 7.1 you might appreciate the directivity of the RB's vs the RS. If you were in a really long room I might suggest moving the 20's to rear duty and putting RS on the sides up high.

Sounds like your room is wider though, am I correct? If the 20's serve you well on the sides, RB's behind you will give you the ability to localize those sounds better. If your room is very shallow (ie seated within 5 feet of rear wall, put the RS up high behind you, you'll want the spread.

Michael

----------------

On 6/16/2005 3:20:35 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

if you're going 7.1 you might appreciate the directivity of the RB's vs the RS. If you were in a really long room I might suggest moving the 20's to rear duty and putting RS on the sides up high.

Sounds like your room is wider though, am I correct? If the 20's serve you well on the sides, RB's behind you will give you the ability to localize those sounds better. If your room is very shallow (ie seated within 5 feet of rear wall, put the RS up high behind you, you'll want the spread.

Michael

----------------

My room is 17' wide by 28' long. My seat is about 12' back, and my rear surrounds are about 14' behind me. Sorry I left out that information (newbie)

I would also think that putting the 20's behind you and the RS on the sides might be worth trying.

You might want to switch em around and actually test to see what sounds best.

BTW, owning both the 20's and the 30's is there a notable difference between the two?

----------------

On 6/16/2005 11:13:11 AM Firme wrote:

I would also think that putting the 20's behind you and the RS on the sides might be worth trying.

You might want to switch em around and actually test to see what sounds best.

BTW, owning both the 20's and the 30's is there a notable difference between the two?

----------------

I just brought them home and have only been able to listen to two songs(Eagles/Seven Bridges Road DTS version and Queen/ Another one bites the dust on DVD-A...AWESOME) I will let you know how I feel they differ after a couple of weeks. I can tell you this though, they were remarkably better sounding than the RS-7s on the two tracks I listened to today. It was absolutely incredible.