What do ya'll think about this.....

wstrickland1

KLF-30 mains, KLF C7 center, KLF 20 side surrounds WITH my RS-7s on top bi-wired to the same channels as the sides and RB-35 rears. My amp will handle the 4 ohm load (B & K Ref 200.7). Ok, I know I will have to listen for myself, but will that arrangement "hurt" anything? Am I an idiot to even suggest such a thing?

Also, Is there some sort of remote controlled A-B switch so I could have both set up and use whichever sounds better on certain material, even if not used at the same time?

Guest Anonymous

The answer to your question. Simply put: No, and No.

If you want a more detailed explination I'm sure that there are others here that can give you the physics, but I'm not in the mood.

Best,

George

I see what you're trying to do, but with all 7 channels, don't dare double up for 4 ohm on one of those channels. More than likely, your Klipsch are closer to 6 ohms, doubling up makes a dangerous 3 ohms or less. No NO.

A switcher box is an option, but why not just get a better set of matching speakers and keep life simple.

Michael

----------------

On 6/17/2005 6:18:35 PM iwillwalk wrote:

BUY THE KLF-20'S THAT WERE ON HERE FOR SALE IN GA.

----------------

Those are the ones I bought and they were pretty sweet1.gif. How the hell they stayed around for so long at that price is beyond me, but I guess I was meant to have them. Frankly, with the 30's, C7 and the 20s, I don't think I need ANYTHING else. It's really really good in 5.1, all Legend. I will keep the RB-35s in the back for the hell of it, at least until I buy 2 more C-7s 2.gif .All I can say is Legends are amazing when working together. I KNOW that it can, but it hard to imagine it getting any better than it is right now. I am officially a Klipsch freak.