Hey its official they are engaged

Thanks for the set-straight!

BTW; I guess it wasn't so obvious to me, because I am in a definite minority here in the Bible Belt... every other car has a Jesus fish (and the pick-ups with gun-racks have a #8 sticker in the window).

You've made me consider the possibility of a "God said it, I believe it, and that settles it!" sig...

...and I really like your new one... as a chef, I'll be thinking about it whenever someone asks me "Does this taste funny?" 1.gif1.gif

----------------

On 6/18/2005 9:17:23 AM jacksonbart wrote:

“If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?”

----------------

On 6/17/2005 6:57:41 PM chuckears wrote:

To respond to a more serious subject...

jacksonbart, I hope your sig is not serious... this is one of the sillier of the Creationist arguments.

Modern humans and modern apes share common ancestors; we did not evolve from the current apes. Evolution is more comparable to a tree than to a ladder, whereby different species branch off; many of the earlier branches are still there, and many have been "pruned" by natural selection.

Some of the most successful organisms on Earth (bacteria and other single-celled life) have been with us for millions, if not billions, of years... some relatively unchanged, because nature "got it right", and many have changed due to alterations in their environment.

Really, if your sig is meant as a joke, then you might put a smiley on it or something... if you're serious, I have a reading list for you (not to mention, a few good documentaries, starting with the dated, but still excellent "Cosmos").

----------------

It’s a joke, I am a firm believer of evolution, survival of the fittest, Charles Darwin and natural selection. Thought it would be obvious, but I guess not, anyway its time for a change. In regards to survival of the fittest, I must admit I do cheat, as I have started to put out bird feeders.

----------------