I just picked up my Chorus' and....

Mike Lindsey

I LOVE THEM!!!! Smile.gif I drove down to Stuart, FL (about 2 hours away) with my girlfriend to get them and it rained all the way back. But even that wasn't enough to dampen my spirits (btw, the speakers were inside the SUV). When we got 'em home, I disconnected the CF-2's and hooked them up. I put in one of my favorite demo CD's - Al Dimeola's "Splendido Hotel", Track 9 (Spanish Eyes). This is a digitally remasterd recording from the original analog tapes and is a fantastic recording. All I can say is "WOW!" I turned off my sub and could not believe how much fuller these speakers were. Much more "punch" and "depth" on the low end, having the extra horn with the crossover at 650 made the mids just jump right out at you (the CF-2's have one horn with the crossover at 2200). To say the least I was thouroughly impressed.

We played some other CD's just to make sure it wasn't luck at first listen Smile.gif and they all sounded fantastic! I believe they were made in 1989 as both networks inside had the date of April 11, 1989 stamped on them. The serial numbers are 8929312 and 8929313.

Anyway, just wanted to share my enthusiasm with you all, and can't wait to get a pair of Forte's for the rear. Also looking for an Academy at a "reasonable" price. I hope to get some pictures up in a day or two so that I can share them with you...

Mike

------------------

Family Room

-----------

Hitachi 43UWX10B HDTV (16:9)

Denon AVR-4800

Panasonic DVD-RP91K (Progressive Scan & DVD-Audio)

Dual CS-5000 Turntable w/Shure V15V-MR

DBX 3bx Series III Range Expander

Klipsch Chorus (mains)

Klipsch Epic CF-2's (rears)

Klipsch KLF-C7 (center)

Klipsch RS-3's (rear surrounds)

SVS 20-39CS Sub w/Samson S700 Amp

Monster HTS-3500 Line Conditioner

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 Digital Cable box

Monster M-500 Component Video cables

Monster Datalink 100 Digital Coaxial cables

Radio Shack Gold Series for all other audio interconnects

Bedroom

-------

Mitsubishi 31" TV

Yamaha M-4 Amp

Yamaha C-4 Preamp

Yamaha T-7 Tuner

Teac DVD Player

Dual CS-721 Turntable w/B&O MMC2

Looking for a pair of Heresy's

Will do, Colin! I'll be in Ft Pierce on the 5th and 6th of October (not sure how far that is from West Palm). It would sure be nice if I can meet some of the members from this area (within a 2 hour driving distance) so I can check out their systems. I still have a lot to learn about this new passion of mine and I think that's one of the best ways to do it...

Mike

Edit: BTW, love your Sig! Smile.gif

This message has been edited by Mike Lindsey on 09-11-2001 at 07:48 AM

Mike, I have some DBX pieces in my basement that I will like to dust off, I have the 3300. Can you tell me the best way to hook them to the 3300? The DBX pieces are, 400x route selector, SNR-1 noise redution, 3BX-DS range expander and the 120-DS.

Thanks,

------------------

Cruzer

Cruzer,

I don't have the 3300 but with my 4800, I would do it as follows:

1. Connect all your processing gear into the route selector.

2. Plug the route selector into the 3300 (Tape-2 Mon).

This way, you can monitor the 400x whenever you want, and control what's on or off from the selector...

Mike

This message has been edited by Mike Lindsey on 09-13-2001 at 06:51 AM

Go to Home Depot and get some of those "decent" hand trucks and some of that split pipe insulation for the trucks.A couple wire ties hold the insulation.A little pad at the base and your back feels better.

Keith

------------------

KSP-300 FL/R

KSP-C6 CENTER

SW8II C/SUB

KSP-S6 SURR

KSP300 SB

SW12II

SONY KP53XBR35 RP

DENON 3801

DENON DVD3300 DVD-AUDIO

SONY MDP455 LDP