Are Klipsh sheakers compatible w/ Adcom?

kwkshift

Hello there.

I have been looking to upgrade my stereo speakers lately. I had my heart set on a set of Thiels. However, I heard a set of SP-1's yesterday and I must admit I was impressed.

Are the SP-1's compatible with my GFA 555-II?

I watch movies through the stereo, and I like a variety of music. From grunge/metal to country, classical to jazz.

Thaks for the input.

-->Greg

I used Adcom amps for 10 years with my Klipsch speakers and it was great. With the Adcoms power it takes very little volume to get great sound from Klipsch speakers. I first used a GFA-545 with my KG4's, then went to a GFA-555 Musical Concepts mod. with my Quartets.....and both of them sounded great.

Good Luck

------------------

Klipsch Quartets - fronts

Klipsch Academy - center

Klipsch KG 1.5's - rear surrounds

Klipsch KG .5's - rear side surrounds

Klipsch KSW12 subwoofer

Denon AVR-4800

Denon POA-5200 THX Amp (fronts)

Sony C-67ES CD Player

JVC 36D201 36" TV

JVC HR-S3600 SVHS Player

JVC XV-M565BK DVD Player

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 Digital Cable box

Playstation 2

Monster Power HTS-2000

Monster Cable M-series Speaker Cable and subwoofer cable

Monster Component, S-Video, and Optical cables

RS HT Gold Interconnects

klipsch&adcom...one of the most kick a** combinations i've ever heard!! go for it!! avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

sony strda-777ES receiver

NEW! sony playstation 2!

dishnetwork model 7200 dishplayer satellite receiver/digital bitstream recorder

pioneer dvd player

sharp 35"tv

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

ksps-6 surrounds and a 'teens sub coming!

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

You bet they are compatible. Smile.gif

Any good amplifier with the that can drive tough loads will be great,and the Klipsch speakers are easy loads.

So any real amp will do,and with separates you will beat the performance of any reciever.

I started using a Denon 3801 and then added a nice ATI 1505 and WOW.The dynamics,the detail and the grip the large amps have is unmatched by recievers,even the BIG "reference" recievers.I Compared my Denon 3801 to mt large Denon 5800 reciever,The 5800 sounds better,DUH.And then I conected the ATI 1505 to the 3801 and voila.The 3801 ples 1505 outperformed the 5800.So I added a nice 2505 to the 5800! HE HE HE

Now I have THE power to grip and drive any speakers I want.

To furter push the limits I tried my main music only amp(used with real High-End)the mighty and world class Krell FPB600.Guess what? LOL You may have guessed now the dynamics were HUGE,not a single trace of strain,this herculean amp can deliver a monster 1200W RMS inti 4 ohms(Dynaudio Contour 3.3)per channel(both channles driven.Talk about power.

And I also tried my older Carver TFM-75 dual mono amp(like the Krell),not as powerful but still 1000W RMS both channels driven(full band with rating)4 ohms.He he again the power was with no end,the only negative the Carver is a bit more noisy,the Krell is silent.

So to end this story yes the Adcom is a very good choice.beats any reciever to the ground.And my ATI amps knock recever amps out of the ring in 30 seconds or less. Smile.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears