Under The Sea...

IndyKlipschFan

Bobby Darin story "Under the Sea.."

I loved his music growing up in our house. His marriage to every bodies sweetheart Sandra Dee and his courage as a performer trying to be bigger than Sinatra...

At times, this felt like a stage play or musical.. I wanted it to stay a movie autobiography. Some cool stuff did come out about the times.. What hiring your friends will do to a career, taking chances when your thought of being one way and ultimately being true to thy self too.

I like Bobby so I will give it a 7.. Most will probably give it a 5-6.

If you like the music.. It might win you over some.

I give it a high rating. Of course it is not Star Wars. It is not a classic musical like South Pacific either. More like the classic back stage musical. Boy meets girl and there is the show biz setting.

The music is very good, the story is interesting, and the presentation is entrancing and dreamlike. I'll give away a bit. The adult has conversations with his own tougher child self. And it covers the '50s through The War.

Spacey evidently wanted to do this for a long time and the family was more than a bit wary. When they saw the final product obviously there was nothing to worry about.

I can't say that everyone will groove on it. I consider it a work of art. Certainly worth a rental and a listen on a good system.

Gil