Klipschorn shipping from Italy?

GOPHER

What would be the best way to ship Klipschorns from Eurpoe to the US? Should I go with one of the big companies like Fedex, or with a furniture shipper. Has anyone heard of wood-boring beetles that get into wood stuff on ships? Would it be better to sell them there? If so, do they command a good price in Europe. Thank you for your time-

I agree!

I have often seen Khorns sell on Ebay for nearly twice the price they would bring in the US.Khorns are rather rare in Europe and those in the know will pay big Euros to get them.

One hint if you Ebay them in Europe be sure to mention that they are the design on which the ( Vitavox ) speakers were based.

PWK licensed the Klipschorn design to Vitavox in England. Vitavox used the Khorn bass bin and installed their own drivers and crossovers. The make also manufactured their line in Canada for a time.

The Vitavox corner horn was in its time considered by many to be superior to the Klipschorn because the Vitavox mid and tweeter drivers and Vitavox's crossover were among the best obtainable at the time. In addition their cabinetry was exceptionally nice and aesthetically more pleasing to many.

Boy, shipping Klipschorns from Europe to the U.S. would make me nervous. If I had to, I would package them the same way we did computer systems (not PCs) that were being shipped around the world. Build properly reinforced boxes with walls of plywood and 2" of foam and skids on the bottom so they can be handled with a fork lift. Never had a problem with one arriving damaged. Always booted right up. We shipped air freight.

You might be ahead of the game selling your Klipschorns there and buying another set here. From what I have read, it seems like they are harder to come by in Europe and usually cost more. There are certainly a lot of audiophiles in Europe who might be interested in buying some. Even if prices were comparable, the cost of packing and shipping them might make it attractive to sell in Europe unless you happen to be including them in a container of household goods you have to ship anyway.