The Moody Blues: The Lost Performance: Live In Paris '70 <DVD>

grog

I just got back from the Moody Blues concert tonight and it was outstanding.

I love the sound of the Moody Blues and I have to admit there is nothing like seeing them live in concert. Justin Hayward, John Lodge and Graeme Edge were all great. I think I will remember the drum solo by Graeme Edge and the other drummer "who ever he was" for many years to come.

Still the 70's sound of the Moody Blues is hard to compare or forget, this is the sound I remember from the old LP's I used to own. With Graeme Edge, Justin Hayward, John Lodge, Mike Pinder, and Ray Thomas the match of sound was what made the Moody Blues the legend they are today. Listening to "Legend of the Mind" as it was performed in 1970 is still one of the finest works in music I have ever heard.

Now I will say there are some great performaces by the Moddy Blues in later years which I also love.

The Moody Blues - Live at Red Rocks - DVD (one great DVD I listen to a great deal)

The Moody Blues - Hall of Fame - Live from the Royal Albert HAll - DVD - (another great one I have).

The Moody Blues - Legend of a Band - DVD (Still another great DVD but in this case more of a documentary than just pure music. I still would not want to be without this one in my collection).

Ok... Let's get to the DVD I was talking about in the first place!!!!

The Moody Blues: The Lost Performance: Live In Paris '70

An intimate concert in Paris from 1970!

I have to say out of all the Moody Blues DVD's I have this is by far the best.

Now the interesting thing about this DVD is the video seems very amature, almost like someone in the small crowd recorded it. The more I watch this DVD I have actually come to like the effect. The Moody Blues are not playing before a large group but rather a very small group of a few people some who are at tables enjoying their coffee as the band plays.

Still the audio on this DVD is outstanding. The DVD is in 5.1 audio even though this is a 1970 concert.

You really get the feel that you are at the concert and with the great sound pumping through my Klipsch speakers I have to give this DVD the highest recommendation.

For any Moody Blues fan this is a must have DVD.

Part 1:

01 Opening

02 Lovely To See You

03 Never Comes The Day

04 Tortoise And The Hare

05 Are You Sitting Comfortably?

06 Legend Of The Mind

07 Nights In White Satin

Part 2:

08 Opening

09 Ride My See-Saw

10 Lazy Day

11 Gypsy

12 Candle Of Life

13 Tuesday Afternoon

14 Don't You Feel Small

15 Question

Must have audio CD's too:

For Moody Blues in Audio CD I will also recommend the CD BOX SET "Time Traveller" witch includes some rare songs including "Cities".

The Moody Blues CD "True Story" is also the only CD I know you can buy now that has one of the oldest Moodly Blues hits from 1965 "Stop!".

Greg

One of my all time favorite groups. I've seen them in concert five times, all back in their heyday. Sounds like an excellent recommendation. I'll have to track it down. Thanks for the heads up.

Thebes, They are playing in Vienna, Va Saturday night. Take the twins!

No Providence date this year unfortunatly. I'd go to Boston, but it's Boston.14.gif

Boston was the first MB concert I saw back in '69 at the old Tea Party on Boyleston Street next to Fenway Park.

Rick

I wil say I am not one who normally goes to concerts.

The Moody Blues concert was the 1st concert I have been to since I was 16 and I am about the same age as Graeme Edge!

We plan to go to the next Moody Blues concert. I just hope they come again next year.

My wife said the Moody Blues are better in concert live and I agree with her.

I think what I liked best about the DVD I recommended was seeing the Moody Blues as they were back in the 70's as well as the old sound I remember from a time past.

I would also like to see Roxy Music tour the US again. I would go to see them too.

They are back on tour just no US dates yet!

Greg