Purchased RC-35, Please read

Martin the Vampire

I thought about getting a Synergy Center for my setup, but I wanted to hear the Reference Centers for myself. I went to The Stereo Shoppe, and I was able to demo some stuff I brought with me. Those included:

2 cd's

Winty Wan - Chinese violin music

Twelfth of Never - Gothic Ethereal rock

Both cds are in HDCD. I also brought 2 dvds.

Infernal Affairs - Chinese triad movie ( this one has a great scene where the main charactors are in a stereo shop )

Star wars Episode II.

The guy at the shop was very helpful, and I was able to listen to these on the RC-10, 25, and 35.

After about an hour of listening and talking, I bought the RC-35.

I got home and hooked it up.............

It sounded like what other people have posted here. Muffled, in a box. I connected it to the top input, and it was all high sounds and still sounded bad. I called the place and took the center back.

When I got there, the very same person, Mike, said that if he would have thought about it more, he could have helped me over the phone. Included in the box is a pair of metal brackets and he connected them to the back inputs vertically. He explained that the bottom input is for the woofers and the top is the tweeter. With those bars on them, they are both in use when you connect to the center.

Its kind of a thing were you want to hit your head and go "DUH!!!!" We all had a good laugh on it. 10.gif

When I got home the second time, I hooked it up and the RC-35 sounds very beautiful. Everything is defined and detailed. I love it.

But please, if your RC-35 is sounding muffled, puts those metal brackets on the back vertical. This speaker is very very worth it.

I'm very happy about this speaker, and the service I received at The Stereo Shoppe in Lansing MI.

9.gif

You should try listening to the RC-7. I was a slow learner - it took me a few months to move from the RC-25, to the 35, then ultimately to the RC-7. I read everyones propaganda on these web sites and fell prey to the upgrade bug. Boy am I glad I did. Although I liked the RC-35, it is true that the RC-7 kicks it up another notch - or as emeril would say - Bahm! Try it, you will be glad you did.

----------------

On 7/1/2005 9:23:42 AM endover wrote:

Does it not say to do that in the RC-35 manual?
----------------

Every speaker with dual inputs I've ever seen came with the shorting straps already installed. The only time you would remove them is if you're going to bi-amp the speaker(or waste 2.gif your money bi-wiring).