Connection To Source?

asudhir

I am about to buy a Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400 set of speakers but I have one final question that I could not get cleared up: is the ProMedia v.2-400 able to be hooked up to a single channel audio source such as a Discman or a very simple sound card? The reason I am asking is because I have heard from many places that it can only be hooked up to a sound card with 4 channels...is that true? Because I want to be able to hook it up to my Discman and portable MiniDisc player through the headphone jack. Would I be able to do that?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Arjun

Yep, you can, if you only want to listen in stereo then you need only hook up the front cable, however, if you want to listen to it in pseudo 4.1 surround then you need to visit your local Radio Shack or Wal-Mart and buy yourself a sub $3 Y-Adapter that basically turns your one headphone jack into 2 identical ones, then you hook both cables into it and enjoy smile.gif

So basically the front set of two speakers are connected using one wire and the rear are connected with another wire? Thanks for clearing it up. So all I have to do is get a Y-connecter that duplicates the signal into two wires...ok. Thanks again, and if I have misinterperated what you said, let me know wink.gif