Klipsch Reference Series

Joe DiClemente

Hello,

Im going to upgrade my speaker system and looking for advise.Im leaning toward Reference Series RF-3,RC-3,RS-3,and KSW-15.I have heard of a RSW sub coming out soon,and is there a new model coming out to replace the RF Series. I guess I'd like to know if this a good system, and if I should be waiting to purchase a new model if coming out??? Thanks

Joe

The system would be great,in the lower price range.The RF-3's while great budget speakers are a bit edgy.I would spend a bit more and get the RF-5.You will not regret the upgrade.And The KSW15 is ok for a mid sized room,I would even wait and get a RSW12.

Now if you get a great deal on the KSW15(like I did)get it,you may one day use this sub for your PC! Smile.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Joe:

I recently purchased the new Klipsch Reference series. I got the RF-7 mains, the RC-7 center and the RS-7 surrounds. I'll buy the new 15in sub when it becomes available. I have the current 15in sub. These speakers just sing. Klipsch has solved the brightness problems the old Legends were plauged with. The imaging capabilities provide a true 3D sound stage that I will put up against anything I have ever heard. I run them off my Denon 3600AVR receiver and use a Sony 57 in XBR Widescreen HDTV for video. A progressive scan DVD player is a must. My biggest problem is my friends babysitters. My friends just won't leave to go home.

Does any else consider the Legend series speakers

"bright"? I run mine off of a Marantz MM9000 amp and

I do not consider them bright.

In contrast the CF-1s I have downstairs run off of

an old Poineer 603 Pro Logic reciever(which may

cause the brightness-coments concerning Pioneer

welcome) sound considerably brighter.

The room size is exactly the same.

aab, i think u hit on it there. my klf don't sound "too bright" at all w/ my marantz sr8000 receiver. marantz makes some smooth amps. which preamp u using to feed that marantz?

------------------

Klipsch KLF 30 (front)

2-KLF C7 (front center & rear center)

Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub woofer

Marantz SR-8000 receiver

Acurus A200X5 power amp

Sony DVP-C650D 5-disk cd/dvd player

Sony Trinitron 27" stereo tv

Toshiba hi-fi stereo vcr

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 digital cable box

Monster HTS2500 & HTS1000 powercenters

Boa's Listenin Lounge:

Klipsch RF-3, RC-3

Sony STR-DE935 a/v receiver

Kenwood KR-9600 AM/FM stereo receiver (vintage 1975)

Russound AB-2 receiver switch to RF-3

Teac PD-D1200 5-disk cd changer

Technics SL-1950 turntable/AT LS500 cartridge

Technics dual cassette deck

rock on!

boa12

I am running a Parasound Pre-amp only because I am

cheap and always looking for a good deal which I got on this pre-amp from a dealer. It was about $200 cheaper than the comprable Marantz product - the

AV-560 and also because Parasound has that 6.1 processor that will convert any 5.1 system which I bought at the same time. Going to use Marantz monoblocks to push the speakers for rear surround.

The Parasound Pre is a pretty good product but I am not exactly overwelmed with its functionality.