Looking to fill out KG3.5 & Kv-2 Surround setup

dboxmeyer

I'm looking to finally build a HT. I have a pair of KG3.5's and a matched KV-2 that are in excellent condition. Since I'm trying to stretch my dollars (new house purchase) and really like these speakers, can I find some other speakers to mathc with them to create a complete surround system? Any advice on what to get and where to get ti that will sound like a good overall setup would be most appreciated. I apologize in advance for any newbish questions here.

On a related note, I'm expecting to get a nice sized DLP set and a new receiver. Any input on a solid reciever to drive the speakers as well as handle a HDTV theatre setup? Again, I'm looking to get the most bang for my buck. Overall, I'd love to keep the whole setup around $3500-$4000 including the TV.

I've already learned a ton from reading these forums (even if my basic questions don't show it), so thanks for all of you who post here!

1) A Samsung DLP 61" TV 2,200 at costco/sams club.. Who cares it might be last yr model.. It is a great HDTV.

2) Look for a last year model but with 7.1 Channels possibility Dolby digital EX DTS etc etc 500- 800

3) use the remaining 500 - 1,000 to re find some more KG speakers maybe even get a KV-3 center... By keeping everything the same the Timbre (Speaker voicing and tone all a round) will be the same in your lineup= NIVANA!

4) Look for a sub for a real HT experience. The new synergy subs 12" (new ones) really are a fantastic buy, and we all at the Klipsch weekend were very impressed.

That is, till you get Klipsch upgradeitis... LOL.

I started with your exact setup. After hanging out on this forum for a month ot two, I decided to try using the KG 2.5's for surrounds...the result was very nice. Next I tried 3.5's as surrounds and modified a 3.5 to use as a horizonal center channel on my TV. Now that was GREAT! It gives you a perfectly matched seamless soundstage.

The 3.5's come up on Ebay all the time for about $150-200/pair. The front porting makes them very flexibile when positioning in your room. They are a great bang for the buck speaker. Add a small subwoofer($400)(I recommend SVS is this price range) and you will amaze your family and friends. Only you will know that it didn't cost tens of thousands to get a great sound.

I still use 2 of them in my 2 channel (music only) setup. Be careful though, upgrade-itis can be addicting (see my sig below)...9.gif

Wow! You weren't kidding about the upgrade-idis! Since I just bought a new house (first real house for my wife and I) - I think the funds will be rather limited for a year or two. So, upgrades are likely going to be a stretch. I'll definately look into your suggestions!

• 2 weeks later...

*******************Update****************

I found someone with a pair of KG 5.5, a KV 2 and a KSW-12 that they are willing to sell to me. The offer was, just write me a check for what you think they are worth.

I was thinking $400? Is that a fair price?

This would give me the following setup:

Center KV 2

Front(L&R) KG 5.5

Surround (L&R) KG 3.5

Rear Center KV 2

Sub KSW-12

Is this a well matched setup that will put out some quality sound?

--EDIT: Correct misspellings

----------------

On 7/6/2005 8:20:52 AM dboxmeyer wrote:

Any guess what Klipsch speakers these are?

----------------

Those look like a pair of KLF-10s. They look identical to the KG5.5, but sound totally different. They would make great surrounds if you have KLF-20s or 30s upfront. If your system has speakers from the KG line, I would probably look elsewhere.