RC7 mixed with smaller ref. L&R

zamboniman

----------------

On 7/12/2005 11:14:41 AM greg099 wrote:

...So the good news is, if you decide to go with the RB-25s up front they will work well, then you can move them to surround duty when you have the scratch to upgrade to the RB-75 (or RF, which to me is overkill if you have a decent Sub).

Good Luck!

Greg

----------------

...And if you have 2 decent subs that would be EXTREME overkill. Not necessarily a bad thing if you are into Home Theater.9.gif10.gif

Here's the update...

I was back and forth trying to work a deal with the the local shop.... They wouldn't move very far off retail.. And even worse had attitude that I won't go into here..

Found a shop that offered a nice afternoon drive (1.5 hours away) with a screaming deal. Ended up with a much nicer system than planned and stayed in budget! I offered the local shop the sale if they could match it... They didn't touch it (and more or less called me a liar on the price) .. Too bad cause now they sold nothing. This other place was a pleasure to deal with and well worth the drive.... Very cool folks working there with true passion.... The other place made me feel like I was buying a used car and could care less if they had mine or any business.

I've now got in my house 2 RB75's and an RC7 for the front... And 4 RB15's for surround...

NO lectures on the surrounds not matching... That's all the room will allow size wise due to room features etc... Initial testing shows they will do just fine..

I've come a long way... From originally planning to have RB25's, RC25, and 4 RB10s..

I've now got RB75, RC7, and 4 RB15's for just a few hundred more. Saved hundreds over the other place. Needless to say it sounds awesome and I'm a happy camper 1.gif

In a few weeks the room should be done and life will be good. I'll post pics in the show me thread when I get some new ones.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 7/18/2005 2:17:13 PM zamboniman wrote:

Huh? Do you mean for surrounds?

I've got the 75's up front.... So far the 15's in back work fine.. They need a little more juice to level match but still plenty doable.

----------------

Some people just do not read carefully enough!

Still a bit confused with the following few responses.. but overall I got a screaming deal and a WAY better setup than planned. The RC7 is amazing... And the RB75's are pretty good too. Much better than what I planned for and all new in sealed boxes. I'm loving that big horn and a matched Ref 7 front stage is very nice. Especially at small ref prices.

Thank fellow forum member rgreeley in the thread a few days ago called

Want to buy RF7's near Va

To this dealers defense they were having their annual "tent sale" blowout this past weekend. So those prices were not necessarily the norm. However, they were super cool to deal with and I wouldn't hesitate to make the drive again. You could probably negotiate something good a normal day.

Also want to point out they had a LOT of dedicated theater rooms setup with different configurations. Not just one or 2. Probably had 8 or so dedicated built up rooms like you would build in your house with different themes etc..

Definitly talk to Henry.... Nicest dude you'll ever meet. He's the MAN!

That setup will be just fine. I'd argue for more full range speakers in the rear, but your preference for 7.1 with 4 surrounds over 5.1 with two larger ones is a good way to go. Plus you said they fit the room better- something we wouldnt have known.

Kudos for choosing all direct style speakers. I think in smaller rooms it makes tons of sense to use RB vs thw WDST style speakers. Others will disagree.

Congrats on your Klipsch purchase.

Michael

----------------

On 7/18/2005 3:42:52 PM zamboniman wrote:

...Also want to point out they had a LOT of dedicated theater rooms setup with different configurations. Not just one or 2. Probably had 8 or so dedicated built up rooms like you would build in your house with different themes etc..

----------------

Congratulations Zamboniman,1.gif I really think you are going to enjoy your system. IMO you won't have a problem or regret on ANY of the speakers you purchased for your theater.

I just got back from the 2nd of my local Klipsch "Dealers" and my experience wasn't as good as yours 14.gif

Keep us posted on how everything turns out 2.gif

Congrats Man!

I'm glad you were able to follow our advice and go with the RB75s up front! I'm sure you already have heard the difference. You will never regret the extra few bucks it cost you.

Don't sweat using 15s in back. The timbre match is still there and the really beefy stuff needs to be up front anyway. Adjust the gain and you're all set! My RB25s in back have never been a problem!

Cheers!

Greg