No "Hard Rock Surprise" with RB-3!!!!!!

Underhanded Penguin

Hi Klipsch. I just got my RB-3's today and there were no Hard Rock Cafe surprises in there! Why didn't you include it in the lil baby of the reference series??? That's not fair. I mean I love the speakers (haven't heard them yet..waiting for my Denon receiver to come in tomorrow) but that lil extra would have made me happier.

I will update with a review of these puppies tomorrow night for anyone who's interested.

-UP

------------------

I love you Aki Ross!

What receiver are you using to drive those RB-3s?

------------------

-Paul

AMD T-Bird 900

Asus A7V

Micron 256 MB PC-133

IBM 30 GB 7200 rpm ATA 100

Pioneer DVD-105 Slot-Load (16X/40X)

3Dfx Voodoo5 5500 AGP

NEC MultiSync M700 17" (soon to be Sony G420S 19")

SB Live! X-Gamer 5.1 (soon to be Audigy Gamer)

Receiver: Kenwood VR-409 (soon to be Denon AVR-2802)

Speakers: Klipsch Quintets (5 sats + center)

Sub: Sony SA-W305 (soon to be Sunfire Junior or Paradigm PW-2200)

This message has been edited by oogins on 09-14-2001 at 05:27 PM

denon 1802. hard time deciing against the 2802's but the cheaper price and my low budget convinced me. I told myself I would upgrade in a year if I needed to :o) From what I've heard 80wpc is more than enough for klipsch reference speakers because they are so efficient... In fact I'm going out right now to pick my 1802's up. I'll tell you how they sound after I install/configure them!

------------------

I love you Aki Ross!

Installation with the 1802 was a breeze. It doesnt have the bells and whistles of some other receivers, but what it does have is good. No adjustable crossover frequency is bad. However, even if it was adjustable, I would not change it from 80hz. I think 80 hz is perfect for the speakers I'm getting.

So on to the RB-3's.... They are so crystal clear! I love them. They don't go as low as my promedia 4.2's, but then again, the RF-7's barely go as low as my 4.2's. You really need a dedicated subwoofer to bring out the lows. But let me stress again that the clarity on these babies are incredible. You can definitely pick up all the nuances of the artist's recording. I listened to a live concert cd and after the song's the gradual increase of the crowd's applause is something you have to behold to fully appreciate. It sounds so "live" And they play loud, really loud, but that's pretty much assumed. I could not distort them at 80 percent volume playing korn. Much louder and fuller sounding than promedias could ever imagine to be. (without the low lows)And if you have a 2802 or higher model receiver, then they'll be even louder. The only thing I've noticed is that when you put the receiver bass gain on maximum (playing a bass heavy track only) with volume around 70 percent, you get some port noise on the back of the speakers. Mated with a good subwoofer (anything less than a 10 inch would not do these speakers justice) the RB-3's would be virtually impossible to distort even under very high volume listening. With that said, keep in mind the RB-3's and RB-5's are bookshelf monitors, and they do that extremely well. Accurate, clear, and powerful. They are not meant to drive rock concerts, but they can make your ears, nose, and eyeballs bleed if you want it to. I promise. I am dying to get my subwoofer and surrounds.

-UP

------------------

I love you Aki Ross!

Thats awesome

Congrats on your great setup.

I have been considering getting a pair of RB-3's possibly if I get a job soon.

RB-3's maby RB-5's depends on the money

Possibly the RF-3's

either,

www.sounddistributors.com

or

www.acousticsounddesign.com

has them for 650$

hhmmm.... Smile.gif

finaly I will have money to buy a system.

------------------

Living Room:

Yamaha Natural Sound A-500 Stereo Amplifier

2 Klipsch Heresys on A switch

2 Fisher STV-873 on B switch

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

Hearing how impressed you are with your RB-3s is making me even more tempted to go out and buy some reference speakers right now, but my budget won't allow it, yet. I've narrowed my choices down to the RB-5, RF-3 and RF-5. And to drive them, I'll be using an ATI AT1502 amp.

------------------

-Paul

AMD T-Bird 900

Asus A7V

Micron 256 MB PC-133

IBM 30 GB 7200 rpm ATA 100

Pioneer DVD-105 Slot-Load (16X/40X)

3Dfx Voodoo5 5500 AGP

NEC MultiSync M700 17" (soon to be Sony G420S 19")

SB Live! X-Gamer 5.1 (soon to be Audigy Gamer)

Receiver: Kenwood VR-409 (soon to be Denon AVR-2802)

Speakers: Klipsch Quintets (5 sats + center)

Sub: Sony SA-W305 (soon to be Sunfire Junior or Paradigm PW-2200)

Penguin - Congrats! I am sure you are excited.

I have the RB5's mated with a 3802, and let me tell you - the ability to play loud is an understatement. I have the KSW 12 sub with them right now, and I want to upgrade to the RSW 12 - whenever Klipsch gets around to releasing them and letting us see the specs. I just have to wait 'til September 10th - oh wait - it is already past that. Oh well.

The combination of Denon and Klipsch (especially the new reference series) is awesome!

I have heard the RF3's - and I still prefer the RB5's - they are easier to place and sound very dynamic.

Now the new RF5 and 7 - that is a different story. I haven't had a chance to hear them, but they are supposed to be pretty incredible with that new bigger horn.

Again, congrats.

------------------

Thanks,

Bryan

"... But Honey - I promise this is the last thing I will have to buy for the Home Theater"

Mistubishi 60" RPTV (VS60603)

Denon AVR 3802 RCVR

Denon DVM 1800 DVD

JVC 3600U SVHS VCR

RCA DirecTV

Klipsch RB5 - L&R

Klipsch RC3 - Center

Klipsch RCW3 - In-wall surrounds

Klipsch KSW12 - Sub (hopefully an RSW12 whenever they come out!)

Monster Power Conditioner

Radio Shack Gold Series Interconnects

Radio Shack 12 AWG Mega Cable