For Sale - Carver Pro ZR1600 with Mods

whell

----------------

On 7/13/2005 10:55:41 AM KlipsDude wrote:

nicholtl said: Seriously. The man's trying to sell something, so why are you trying to deter potential buyers?

nicholtl, I'm sure he will sell it just fine for something that goes well with it, I don't want to deter a sale for him and he will sell it fine with another make speaker, BUT would you want to team this up with a Klipsch and be really disappointed?? I'm just trying to help guy, if you don't like my help, sorry but it's the truth, and I would only expect someone to help me out the same way, sorry you don't see it the same way but such is life. Look what you get when you try to help another Klipsch family member! If you think it sounds just fine with Klipsch, we only have a difference of opinion but not my intent AT ALL to deter him selling, he will sell it, lots of folks like that amp and it goes well with other speakers, not with Klipsch for me, but you could very well feel differently, that's fair. I almost got the amp after reading all the great things about it, until my friend got it first, and we didn't like how it sounded on his RF-7, again, just our take on it, yours could very well vary.

----------------

Buddy, the point is to let whoever the new owner-to-be of this Carver amp be their own judge, and to formulate their own opinion. Nobody said your opinion wasn't valid, but to put a negative statement on a post intended to make a sale is just not cool, opinion or not.

It's common courtesy, brother. Plain and simple.

I would have been more PC, but we've been round with Klipschdude on another issue, think it was Redtop's KLF30's.

KlipschDude is being rude and out of line by panning good equipment that is for sale on these Forums. If you don't like it, just shut up. Let others go on about their business. I really don't care how much respect you have or don't have for me, I have none for you and plenty of other Forum members are my closest friends.

See ya, bye.

Michael

• Like 1

I refer you to this post by KlipschDude re Redtop's KLF30 sale:

"Dude, pass on the KLF line, it was good, but the RF-7 is better than the KLF-30. I know, I sold mine KLF-30 after I gots my RF-7. The sound is even better, so awesome and inviting. I had 30 days to decide to keeps my RF-7 or not, I knew from day 1 the sound was a keeper, by 3 weeks my

KLF-30 were sold and I haven't looked back since. RF-7 is worth every penny. RF-7 can get LOUD and NEVER break-up, not even slightly. The KLF-30 can slightly break-up a little in the midrange when turned up LOUD, something that kinda always bothered me. The RF-7 has great improvement in sound over the KLF-30, gained great more detail too. "

Michael

And here's the thread where several members tried to get KlipschDude to 'tone down' his panning of equipment for sale. He remained defensive of his position.

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=61614&sessionID={25443251-C3C7-4EEE-93CC-CEA13DF2B4AB}

You guys be the judge..... I'm done here...

Michael

Just ignore him if he's a ****. Put him on your ignore list. Until he gets nasty or aggressive I say live and let live. But then I'm just one voice out here in the wilderness. Peace brutha!

Thanks jpm! I appreciate your understanding where I come from, even if my opinions are different from the others here.

The rest of you, what ever guys, I went from three different Klipsch speakers and only give help from what I like and feel is improvement for me. You don't have to like how I share here, and you don't have to like how I write, that's fine, I'm begining to feel the same about some of you here too, seems to me some of you gets way too sensitive and start to formulate in your heads that I'm out saying something other than what I give my opinions on. I really don't care if you likes me or not, I'm me, and that's who I am, if I'm not helping you, so be it. If I offend for some odd reason for some, don't read what I share here.

nicholtl, I'm not your buddy! I have a right to help others here and express how I feel just as you do here. If you don't like it, their is NO NEED for RUDENESS, you are not my father so I don't need you coming down on me for expressing my take on that Carver, and YES - I would want someone to give me their opinions on anything I was thinking to buy, and do! It's most helpful and great to get people's say on what they like and don't like, very helpful for me.

colterphoto1, you are trying to make me out to something I am not, the redtop sold his speakers long before I posted that, it was giving my opinion to the other guy who was curios between the two, not to stop a sale cause that thread was an old one and it was sold long before I gave the other guy my opinion.

xx olterphoto1 said: If you don't like it, just shut up xx

I won't go as low as you to say the same to you if you don't like, so with that I say

have a nice life big guy. I haven't once been rude to you like you have been doing to me!

That's ok, because I really don't like you at all now with the rudeness you possess within.

I don't think klips was really that far out of line, he stated he did not like the amp with his speakers...fair enough. if he had said they suck with all klipsch or something like that I might have taken offense. I think we should all have a chance to state our opinions and experiences, positive AND negative, people can filter and sort the reponses to draw thier own opinions. I, for one, want to hear all opinions, as long as they are made civilly. tony

Nick,

Your wisdom is years past your age. Congrats to you!

Dont folks understand respect and courtesy anymore or has this society just hit bottom.

It never really was about an opinion. It just has to do with common courtesy.

Opinions are great. Helping others with your own experiences are what makes forums so much fun and educational. Also being kind and courtious to fellow members creates a nice environment to share in discussions.

But none of that is what is really going on here. What is going on is pushing your own idea at the expense of others. Its not right folks.

----------------

On 7/13/2005 6:27:34 PM jpm wrote:

So what? This isn't high school.
----------------

No, it's not. Most people in high school write better and have a better ability to tailor their comments to a particular situation. What it is is (is is?) a fairly courteous and tight community in which one of the members is trying to raise funds in anticipation of the arrival of a new child.

I'll be honest, I'm almost on the fence on this one. The sonic qualities of the unit are open to discussion. Klipsdude's post was simply way over the top and out of line.

OK, folks. Time OUT!!

This is a post that I started to sell an amp. This did not need to become a "thread" at all. If someone is/was interested in contacting me, they could certainly send me an IM.

This was not an invitation to editorialize on the amp for sale. Editorials, positive or negative, were not encouraged or required. Postive and contructive comments are nice, and appreciated.

For those of you who think that it is appropriate decorum and good manners to post whatever comments your little hearts desire, consider this:

Please let me know the next time you sell your car or your house. I'll post signs around the neighboorhood and editorialize about what a POS your car is, or what a dump your house is.

AMY- I'm going to ask that you close this thread.

----------------

On 7/14/2005 7:59:54 AM whell wrote:

AMY- I'm going to ask that you close this thread.

----------------

Thank dog. I find all this bickering and political correctness exhausting. Incidentely, congrats on the new member to your family. 10.gif