New Reference speakers RF-3II, RS-3II etc.???

beday00

Its a educated guess here Smile.gif

Klipsch I am sure improved the crossovers and this should improve the overall sound.Less harsh(for those who complained about harshness).

The cabinets should also be in the two real wood finishes,not only the plasti wood finish.A very welcome upgrade.

And you can brag to Bo$e owners your speakers have Monster Cable wiring!And tell them the mid-bass drivers are real copper!(better VC cooling)LOL

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I pulled this from another thread. Hope it helps. Smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by JimG:

All models receive the new Monster Cable networks, new boxes and new inner-pack. The RB-5 II & RF-3 II additionally get snap-lock port tubes. The RB-5 II also gets a motorboard logo and the change to the three new wood finishes. The RF-3 II gets a motorboard logo too, plus the bigger feet of the 5 & 7 (and they come installed) plus convoluted foam inside. I think that about covers everything.

------------------

-Paul

AMD T-Bird 900

Asus A7V

Micron 256 MB PC-133

IBM 30 GB 7200 rpm ATA 100

Pioneer DVD-105 Slot-Load (16X/40X)

3Dfx Voodoo5 5500 AGP

NEC MultiSync M700 17" (soon to be Sony G420S 19")

SB Live! X-Gamer 5.1 (soon to be Audigy Gamer)

Receiver: Kenwood VR-409 (soon to be Denon AVR-2802)

Speakers: Klipsch Quintets (5 sats + center)

Sub: Sony SA-W305 (soon to be Sunfire Junior or Paradigm PW-2200)

• 2 weeks later...

Ack! I just ordered and RC-3 (not II) and I was sent the new RC-3 II as a 'gift' due to a 'mis-communication! Is this going to sound 'different' compared to my RF3/RS3s as far as timbre goes?

The specs of the RC-3 II appear to be the same as the RC-3 except the RF-3 II has a Higher Frequency crossover @ 2100Hz compared to the RC-3s @ 1950Hz, not that much of a difference...

This speaker was purchased for the rear surround position and I'm very worried that it will 'out perform' the 'older version' thereby sound a little off. If I keep it, I would obviously put the newer one as the main center and the old one as the read surround...

Thoughts?

There is no difference in the voicing between the RC-3 and RC-3 II. The difference in spec was to correct the information. The crossover is at the the same point in both models. None of the four new models were re-voiced. Any sonic differences you hear would be attributed to the wire or foam in the case of the RF-3 II.

Jim